Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
10-03-2013, 06:38 PM

Ara hadn't realized just how down-trodden she looked. Normally, the girl was quite composed, often stoic like her father. He was similar to her in many ways -- quiet and thoughtful, and not always as friendly as she ought to be, though she tried rather desperately to connect to others. The approach of another made her jump, and her wide blue gaze darted to face the source of the sound. It was a rather unassuming child, a boy she had seen before, close to the King's side at the last meeting. Oh! His son. Obviously.

Her alarm faded after a moment, and she smiled at him, trying to shake the sadness from her that had suddenly appeared. "Oh, I'm okay," she replied, her voice small and hardly audible to anyone who wasn't listening. He looked rather safe to talk to, and so she would try to relax, though she was a bit surprised by his sudden appearance. It wasn't often she got to speak to someone her own age! "I- I guess I'm a little scared. And frustrated, too. I am supposed to be training to heal soon, but I don't know what any of these plants do.." Her gaze swept around them. The snow was beginning to accumulate, killing many of the plants already -- but she had no idea where to even begin.