build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
04-18-2022, 07:05 PM
The thicket seemed to quiet around them as Tsunami began to talk. Even the bugs and birds seemed to hold their breath. Theory took a breath and stilled herself, listening with an open heart and mind. As Tsunami spoke, Theo tried to imagine her as she was back then: smaller, bones lighter - maybe a little shy. Withdrawn. As the story unfolded, Theo felt more and more like she remembered her: flitting always at the edges of her vision, half-hidden in shadows while she played with Shaye and Poem and Motif. Yes, to any passerby, she looked perfectly happy. But she must not have seen Tana or heard of her brutal death. She must not have known when Theory and her siblings were half-hidden away from the rest of the pack by their mother, overly doting and selfish to a fault. Possessive of Rhyme until her death.

But Tsunami's words still rang true - nevertheless, despite all of her own circumstances - she had been loved.

The tears crept on so quietly at first that Theory didn't realize the smaller female was crying until the tremors overtook her completely and she seemed to crumple before her. Caretaking instinct powering her body on muscle memory alone, Theo sprang to her paws and crossed the short distance between them without thinking. She settled in next to Tsunami, finding herself shocked by the sheer difference in size between them. It made her suddenly self-conscious. How could she console her? Was this too much? Should she put more space between them?

Her mind raced, the sound of her sobs cutting right through to the bone. "I... I've opened the school for children like that. Because I was loved, but I was also left behind. I don't want any child to feel that way ever again. Not while I can spread the word that the school is open. I want to care for yo - for children like you," she stammered. Theory reached out a paw, placing it nearby Tsunami's own. They sat close enough now that she could lean in to her if she chose. "Thank you for sharing that. It took courage. Shaye would have welcomed you back with a smile - she... she would have known just what to say," Theory stammered, a tear snaking down her cheek before she could stop it. No matter how much time had passed, her presence still permeated these lands. Every step she took, she could feel her ancestors watching. Most days it felt comforting. Familiar. Right now, she just wished she knew what Shaye would have said. Was this good enough?