An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
05-01-2022, 08:21 PM
Briar grinned proudly as Manea and Alastor both complemented her choice of wine, giving them a polite, grateful dip of her head. "I'm glad you're enjoying it. We're lucky that the castle had such a generous supply of wine in the cellars—though we have started experimenting with making our own wine as well! None of it has been as good as this is yet, but I'm hopeful we'll get a good recipe down soon." It was one of her many side projects since she knew how much the wolves of The Hallows enjoyed the wine they had and she also knew it was a finite resource. Briar was also happy to hear that she had a few facts about the other pack correct and made note of the lands that Manea listed off for future reference. She knew how much Artorias loved to travel and explore so when Manea extended the invitation for them to come stay in Elysium she was happy that he'd get the chance to explore this north eastern lands and for them to continue building the relationship between their two packs. "Oh, don't worry about that. I'm sure it's lovely," she assured Manea as the violet woman mentioned how it wouldn't be as luxurious of a stay as being in the castle. "We haven't always lived in the castle and stay anywhere we can find a comfortable bed in when we're on our travels. We have more traditional dens in my family's pack where I grew up."

While they chatted and talked Briar ate and drank just as freely, getting more comfortable with the other pair as well and sharing little smiles with Artorias as she leaned into him. They didn't host or meet new wolves all that often, but she did enjoy it when they did. She didn't immediately notice how much Art and Alastor were drinking, but eventually in their conversation she picked up on it and she smirked as she gave Artorias a little warning glance. She knew well how he could get when he got very intoxicated and if she could avoid having to drag him back up to bed later that would certainly be preferable. She also picked up on the way that Manea was peppering Alastor with affections while still maintaining eye contact with them in a way that was both possessive, but also flaunting and teasing. Alastor returned the affections with some of his own, the obviously very physically affectionate couple making no small show of how they acted on a regular basis. It made Briar's cheeks flush a bit as it brought back the memories of the sounds the couple were making earlier in the day and she tried to hide the thoughts with a bit of a smile and another long drink of wine. She could feel the pair's roaming eyes on them and it made her wonder where their thoughts were and if their lecherous intentions actually stopped at just themselves or not.

Before her thoughts could linger on that point of interest much longer, Alastor complimented the two of them as a couple and asked about how they met, making Briar exchange a grin with Artorias as she chuckled softly. "Thank you, that's very sweet of you to say. Our parents were long time friends so his mother brought him and his siblings to my parent's pack to visit when we were both really little. I picked him out of the crowd immediately because he was the only one with this blue coloring," she told them, tapping Artorias' azure paw with a smirk. "I walked right up to him while my father was talking to him and asked him and my father why he was blue. He then proceeded to absolutely dominate me in what was probably not nearly as fierce of a fight as it felt at the time and the rest is history." She laughed lightly, grinning as she tipped her head up to kiss Artorias' cheek. It was wild to think that they had known each other for basically their entire lives and here they were, preparing to get married and leading a pack together.

"Briar Fatalis"