size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
05-05-2022, 09:28 PM
Usagi felt a little more relied]f now that his childhood friend was covered and had something to drink, at least. He knew firsthand that the ocean was an unforgiving beast, fickle and deadly as they come. It was nothing short of a miracle that Kunai had pulled through the vicious waves and torrents without becoming one of likely many casualties at sea. And for that, the koi male was grateful. The fire crackled and popped as it consumed the dry timber, adding some semblance of noise to pad their drawn out silence. Usagi reflected briefly on the fact that his close friend, not just some random stranger, had washed up in these sparkling shores - almost right in front of him. He shifted in his seat, feeling his toes splay into the sand. His brow furrowed every so slightly in thought - and partially wondering if Kunai had noticed the quickening of his own heart. It was fortunate he wasn’t pale-pelted - gods forbid his long-lost pal would ever see the emergence of a flush in his cheeks. He hid his emotions well, deep enough anyway, so all that remained for Kunai to analyze was the stone wall of an expression - flat frown, unfeeling eyes. Hardened, no doubt, by the information he and Kuroo received on their father - the loser, the one who tossed them aside for a fun night. His life had meaning, and he needed said father to know it. When he would be able to confront that man, he didn’t quite now. In this moment, all that mattered was ensuring Kunai would be okay. Near drowning was no light matter. And whether or not Kunai remained sharp as ever in catching onto Usagi’s well-concealied turmoil after their time apart could be put to the test.

Still, his own complicated reasonings - and the vague words he’d chosen to say to explain, seemed to leave Kunai a tad concerned. He didn’t want to explain the whole situation - not right now, but he recognized his friend would deserve some morsel of information at some point. Key words ‘at some point’ - he didn’t auite have the words to string everything together in one quick statement like he wanted. When Kunai finally spoke, Usagi glanced towards him from his spot, feeling the warmth of the prickling flames, yet feeling the slightest chill of a memory he had. Kunai’s parents..he had a bad feeling about them. Ever since they were pups..when he and Kunai played, his parents were watching - their eyes sharpened into daggers, as if the way they connected was wrong, immoral. A strange feeling twisted in his gut as he listened to his close friend, directing his gaze into the fire for a brief moment to gather his thoughts. He wouldn’t assume - Kunai didn’t soeak much of his family, even back in Iga. Usagi wasn;t even sure he had interacted with them himself, save for a few polite words. Something about them was off, and perhaps his assumptions could be correct - Kunai slipped away from his family to come here. Was it too far-fetched? He didn’t think so.

"I see," He said, pausing to look over at Kunai before adding, "Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I always sensed some..tension between you and your parents when we were kids. Were they your reason for leaving Iga?" Maybe he was wrong, but Kunai was a loyal sort of man. He didn;t simply up and leave those he cared about, so whatever occurred between him and his family had to be serious.

Speech

wishing there was something left to lose
this could be the day i die for you—