size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
05-14-2022, 09:30 AM
Usagi had helped Hattori with the sawing - he, too, began to feel the exertion of the effort as his jaw pounded. Though, his threshold for pain was decent, and their work was important - feeding the pack and all its young members. Six stalks, as his Kaicho mentioned, seemed to be sufficient for their pit trap, and he nodded in agreement. As the dire’s companions swept up the materials, Usagi followed suit, towards the edge of the packlands. No doubt a more secluded region was suitable for their idea - if it had been any closer into the maze the chances of accidental impalement would be astronomical.

As they approached the trench, Usagi noticed the stalks he and Hattori had cut down were sharpened at the tips - no doubt for a quick, efficient impalement of some poor creature that would fall into the trap. Or at least, that’s how it was supposed to work. Usagi carefully made his way into the trench, doing as his Kaicho asked and driving the stalks into the softened, churned earth with the tips facing upward. It seemed to work, and soon he had all six stalks with sharpened tips up dug into the solid ground. Satisfied, Usagi used his limb strength to climb out of the trench with ease, and upon standing a ways away from his Kaicho, briefly shook himself of the earth he’s accumulated on his pelt. It was true that they’d need a way to warn others - especially for the pups - of the trench. It’d be covered so any unfrotunate soul, even a wolf, could fall in if one wasn’t careful.

"I will be sure to let others of the pack know," He said to his superior. "I can try and mark the stalks in front of the trench with a warning synbol of some kind, as well." A distinct ‘X’ or a universal marking that everybody understood the meaning of could help avoid any accidents.

Speech

wishing there was something left to lose
this could be the day i die for you—