ardent

Paint a picture in my head. Yellow, black, and red.

eligos

Eligos

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut1KValentines 2020Trick 2019
05-17-2022, 12:20 AM
Though his gaze remained warily studying the stranger, he kept his other senses alert. This was a classic setup for bandits and worse - a pretty, flirtatious woman (or a distressed woman or lost child) distracting the mark while the thugs moved into position to rob or kill them. He heard and scented nothing though, so perhaps it was nothing more than it had seemed, a random encounter between two strangers with no preplanned ulterior motive.

Perhaps her words should have provoked surprise or a sense of ego from him, but to Eligos his demigodhood was just a fact of his life. It had always been there for him, part of who he was and the outward appearance changes hadn't figured into it the way many regarded it, so when the stranger asked him with what was probably actually a joking remark he answered with a quiet, earnest simplicity. To Eligos what he was saying was completely true, no doubts, and that translated to his words and his voice. Not arrogance, just... truth. "Yes, I am. I am a descendent of the Fallen God, who in his wisdom saw fit to father my family to train here in the mortal world so that we may one day fight by his side in his war to reclaim his throne."