gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Crys

Pride - LesbianPride - Demisexual
05-17-2022, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-17-2022, 02:53 PM by Pleione. Edited 1 time in total.)

The woman’s eyes burned through her, cold and judging. Pleione could feel her writing her off as nothing and nobody and it made her body ache from the inside worse than the sea water. It wasn’t fair, it wasn’t meant to be like this. How dare the fates conspire against her and present her as this feeble, disgusting little drowned rat in front of a capable warrior queen such as this? She let exhaustion quell her temper, reminding herself that lashing out now would be the end of her. Pleione wasn’t stupid, she clearly wouldn’t stand a chance against this wolf even in health.

Harnessing her own shame and fury, she let it burn and simmer in her chest, warming her from the inside and helping to keep her on her feet. She could prove herself something more- no, she would prove it, somehow.
"Tomorrow is all the further your reach goes?”

Pleione’s nostrils flared, jaw clenching and unclenching. She took it as a challenge.
“My loyalties are all dead, if they follow me now it is only in spirit,” she said, forcing life into the sound of her own voice despite the pain of it rasping in her throat. “But you misunderstand me. I will make it to every tomorrow, no god or wolf will stop me without the decency to strike me down by their own tooth and claw.”

Now was the time to weigh her options. She wasn’t entirely certain, but from what she’d seen of the beach she thought she’d have to swim again to reach the mainland, a folly that would certainly end in death now. That left her with no option at all, really. To live now meant begging for mercy.

“My name is Pleione,” she said, leaving her surname out of the introduction to save from soiling it with her groveling. “I wouldn’t offend you by asking to join your ranks in this state, but should you offer me amnesty and shelter long enough to prove myself worthy, I would repay you with my loyalty and my life.”