size
Medium
build
Light
player
Res

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2
05-22-2022, 08:32 PM

The man gave his name in turn and the sharp young fae noted that he'd copied the manner of speech that she'd used. Of course he was of Elysium, but he hadn't known where she was from. She assumed he was just being snarky, but it wasn't a great offense and she she paid it no mind. There was no reason to get upset over small things. Poe went on to say that he'd just finished his patrol and the snow and soot fae nodded in acceptance. Many in her family were more attuned to nighttime hours. That was why Ikigai made herself rise before the sun; to take up where the others left off. Dutiful, as always.

Upfront was indeed a term that could be used when speaking of the young woman. Though she was more than capable of verbal jousting, she personally preferred to keep things simple and to the point. She found court intrigue to be bothersome and so she avoided it whenever possible. Though royalty, Ikigai was very much a wolf of the people. She never let her position go to her head, though she wasn't afraid to use that position when necessary.

After she questioned the man, he thumped to a seated position and began to answer. Iki couldn't help but think that he was a little uncouth, but she couldn't expect everyone to have the same sense of manners as herself. Especially since this wasn't her pack. She was the foreigner here, so she would think nothing of his brusque tone and rough demeanor.

Poe answered her question with a question of his own and one black marked brow rose, the corner of the girl's marbled eye lifting. He continued, speaking of Manea and her aptitude for leadership and all of the good that she'd done for the pack. He mentioned children thriving and traditions being upheld. All of this was met with a nod from the pallid princess. He then flashed a bit of snark again, asking if she thought any different, once more using the full introduction that she'd given. Ikigai saw it as a challenge. Did he think she would back down just because she was young? Because she was a woman?

Truthfully, Ikigai saw nothing lacking in Manea's kingdom so far. Granted, she'd only been here a day. "So far I've seen nothing lacking in Elysium." The fae turned her full attention to the man, staring straight into his odd, golden eyes. "Knowing Manea as I do, I would expect nothing less." She knew Manea to be strong, determined and loving of her family. "Anyone would work hard to provide for and to protect that which they love, but Manea more than most." The girl's long, inkbrush of a tail slithered over the ground to wrap around her hip. "That is why I suggested we discuss such an alliance." Pupils pinned as she continued staring the man down. "Discuss, mind you. Being a new pack, an alliance with Ashen will offer Elysium much, but I need to know if it will be worth our time as well. Though friends Manea and I may be, even friendship doesn't outweigh the good of my family's Empire." And so Ikigai was here, searching for truth from those that didn't lead. Those that had a different perspective on the workings of their home. She wasn't sure what more she could get from this one, but if he wished to reply, she was all delicate, silken ears.

"Ikigai"

[Image: VsG8QnS.gif]