size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-23-2022, 01:06 AM

Azure seemed to hesitate, yet agreed to Artorias' request for a private conversation, and came willingly as the Aegis walked beside his fellow alpha out into the warm Austerian summer evening. The terraces were clear at the moment, with only a couple guests milling about down in the gardens proper. Artorias turned a glance back to one of his warriors standing guard at the doors and dismissed him with a nod of his head. His sister had ordered all of the Knights on high alert for the wedding, convinced the Aegis was about to fall to some red wedding massacre, but Artorias knew Azure was a proud wolf from a proud family. They didn't need an audience and this conversation should ideally be over quickly. Once he had ensured they were alone, Artorias turned to regard Azure with as neutral an expression as he could manage, masking the slight he'd felt from the other man's significant other.

"I won't tiptoe around the matter, since you and I both appreciate directness," Artorias began. Though Azure's eyes asked the unspoken question, they both knew what this was about. "I heard what your partner said during the ceremony. Comparing herself in derision to the bride at her own wedding—my bride, and your sister." To be honest, Artorias was surprised more hadn't heard the comment either. The wolves could easily hear prey moving about in the woods from a mile away, but an off-putting comment from a few feet away went unheard? Or perhaps they were avoiding conflict. "I'm not one to dictate how others handle their affairs and I'm not asking for retribution. That matter is entirely your own to decide. However, I want you to know that I heard, that what your partner says directly reflects on you and your family—especially if she is the diplomat representing the Armada and she's to be a Fatalis too. Words, like actions, have consequences, and I'd be more concerned over if she says something that might be considered insulting while a guest in another's home." Thankfully, Artorias was a temperate wolf. Were he more ill-tempered, or not such a staunch ally of the Armada, this conversation might have been very different.

Taking in a deep breath and then releasing it as a sigh, Artorias released some of the irritation he'd been harboring all night long. This was the subtle art of diplomacy in action. "What you do from this point is up to you. I'm not seeking anything, nor am I going to tell Briar what her future sister-in-law said about her. I'm not going to ruin her day like that. But I do want you to know that she's soured her welcome in my home, and for our future collaborations, I'd ask that you not send her to represent the Armada to the Hallows." As far as he was concerned, if he never saw Hanako again, that would be grand. There, his piece was said. Artorias left the air open for Azure to respond as he pleased. He wasn't expecting an apology or a promise of recompense—he didn't even want that, per se—but he did expect some sort of acknowledgement from his peer.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.