An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

OverachieverCritical Attack!The Ooze ParticipantVengeanceSnake EyesMammoth Hunter
05-30-2022, 02:54 AM

When she warned him that this could mean the end of their family he simply gave a grim nod of understanding. He knew that there was a very real possibility that if things went badly then they could never have children, that he would possibly be the end of the Adravendi line as they knew it, but he was willing to take that risk. Maybe it was short sighted of him, maybe it was a decision made purely out of his deep, unending love for her rather than logic, but he didn't care. He hadn't been able to protect her from the bastard that had done this, he hadn't been able to prevent any of the torment she had gone through so far, but he could at lest do something to help prevent her from facing this pregnancy that neither of them wanted. He could prevent any more of that wolf's spawn to be out in the world. He could just hope that maybe luck would eventually be on their side and they could go on to have a family one day regardless.

She told him to wait here and she slipped out of the room, leaving him there for a few minutes in the silence of their bedroom with his own thoughts. He got up from the bed, sitting in the middle of the room while he waited for her, his claws picking anxiously at the stone under foot. Eventually she did return with a bundle of different herbs he couldn't name and he just followed her quietly as she went over to her worktable and started assembling them all together into a bowl to be crushed up for this deadly medicine. He tried his best to be as resolute and sure as he could be when she looked up at him with her nervousness written all over her face. He understood that this wasn't the easy way out between the two options, but neither option were ideal. Either way there was going to be pain and suffering, but this felt like the best way to ensure Syanna's safety in the long run. He gave her a nod when she asked if he was sure and he watched as she downed the concoction in a few big gulps. When she gagged on the last swallow his ears pulled back against his skull and he reached for her, gently rubbing her back until he was sure she had it down.

A frown tugged at his lips when she told him that he might not want to stay and that it wasn't going to be pleasant, but before he could say anything she started hurrying around the room, collecting more supplies and bringing them all over to the bed—a water skin, extra pillows... and a bucket. He was at a loss as she shifted into this mode of no nonsense intensity as she took all of this onto herself. He followed her over to the bed, watching as she got settled into the pillows before he climbed up as well, settling in behind her to support her and kissing the back of her ears. "You should know better than to think I'm just going to leave you alone though this," he told her. "I know you're strong, I know you can do this on your own, I know you'll get through it, but... I'm here for you. You don't have to do this by yourself... We're a partnership. Your pain is my pain." He kissed her cheek, adding, "If there's anything I can do please tell me. Otherwise... I'm here for you."

"Syanna & Ezra"