gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
KatG6
05-31-2022, 07:51 AM
The sound of the fire and the soft light that illuminated the area put her into a sense of security. Her father always had some kind of fire lit so the sound and sight of her made her think of home and safety. Maybe she really should have been more on guard. Especially with this massive stranger in front of her. Pyrite believed she could take care of herself, and mostly she could. At the very least she could make a run for it, but when his eyes lifted to her obscured features she felt no alarm beyond the subtle flutter of her heart. She didn’t often meet strangers, so this was quite the experience for her. Finding someone in the frozen lonely North wasn’t an everyday experience. Especially not in a magical place like this one.

Her golden markings flickered in the firelight as their eyes met, and she knew she was discovered. The man did not make any motion to lift himself from the ground as he watched his nearly cooked meal. Pyrite hadn’t meant to interrupt but her curiosity rivaled that of a feline. She expected him to shoo her off, there wasn’t much charity in a harsh place like this and everyone who lived and survived here was well aware of that fact. If you could not provide for yourself you were already dead.

His deep voice barely disturbed the air, like she would imagine the snow and ice itself to sound so did his voice portray his home. ”I’m fine,” she spoke softly as her golden gilded paws carried her a couple of fearless steps forward so he didn’t have to squint to see her. ”I’ve never been here before, and your fire drew me in.” Pyrite admitted just as softly.