size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
06-02-2022, 01:02 AM

As Briar explained the differences she'd experienced between the Hallows and her former home in the Armada, Artorias couldn't help but smile a little. He knew that some would say the Hallows was too soft, too kind-hearted for their own good. He would staunchly disagree. Where other alphas were domineering or possessive with their power and control for loyalty, Artorias found loyalty purely out of the hearts of his wolves who chose to be here. Besides, even a peaceful pack had fangs and claws to defend itself with, and the Hallows was no different. After all, what good was a sanctuary if it had no means of defending those that came looking for it? Briar's kind words toward the work they'd all put forth to making the Hallows feel like a large family rather than an organization warmed Artorias' heart, and he cast a grateful and ever-loving gaze her way.

Claire described their pack and lifestyle as wonderful, and Art could only chuckle softly in humbled amusement. "Well, we certainly try our best." He lifted his brows in curious intrigue when the smaller wolf mentioned how their ideals and creed lined up with what her late mother had carried with her when her ancestors led a pack of their own. The more Claire spoke, the more interested Artorias became to learn more about the pair of loners. Then she expressed her interest to join the Hallows and make this place their home. The delighted smile that crept across the Aegis' face was a dead giveaway to how pleased he was that they had found merit in his family's pack. It felt like a validation of sorts that they were still doing the right thing enough that strangers would want to join in and be a part of it as well. Greed spoke up then, the terse male revealing details of himself now as he claimed he had lived in these same lands long ago, then voiced his support to join the Hallows with Claire.

"Well, I suppose this is more of a 'welcome home' for you then, Greed. Ironically, it was much the same way for the other Armada who used to live here," Art commented with a lighthearted chuckle. He paused their walking, turning to face Claire and Greed with a welcoming smile and bright eyes. "You've both been cordial, respectful, and I believe we share the same goal of leaving the world better than we found it. The Hallows would be delighted to welcome you both!" Artorias dipped his head in a respectful welcome to the two newest Hallowed wolves. He gestured with a flick of his head up towards the castle. "We've put a lot of work into restoring the castle. You are both welcome to choose rooms within its halls for your own personal space. Or if you prefer, the plains offers many great places to dig comfortable dens." Artorias tipped his muzzle back and let out a soft call, announcing to the other wolves across the lands and in the castle of their new compatriots. Strangers appearing in the castle halls was not an uncommon thing for the sanctuary pack, but still, it felt more official this way.

Still all smiles and excitement, Artorias looked back to Claire and Greed respectively. "Come, let Briar and I show you around the castle! It's not terribly complicated, but if you've never been inside before it can be a little confusing. Greed, I'm sure you'll have no trouble navigating around. We haven't changed much other than giving the old place a face lift!" The onyx and azure wolf led the way down toward the castle, taking the opportunity to explain some of the finer details of the pack to their newest members. "As far as laws go, we don't have many, but those we do have are there for a reason," he explained, his voice even and calm despite his mounting enthusiasm. "The most important rule is that bloodshed of any kind outside of training or official challenges is forbidden. The Hallows is a place of healing, growth, and safety, and violence towards others is not tolerated. Other than that, the only laws we observe are that couples must petition myself and Briar before conceiving a litter, everyone in the pack is expected to contribute, and be respectful and tolerant of our guests. Other than that, you pretty much have all the liberties you need. We have plenty of food to help yourselves to, and an expansive wine cellar you can access too, if you're inclined. You're free to come and go as you please, but any guests you want to bring, just let myself or Briar know of."

Artorias glanced back over his shoulder to look at Claire and Greed again, adding, "Oh, before I forget, if either of you have an aptitude in any skills, I'd be glad to get you with some of your new pack mates who share those skills. We have five paths: fighters, healers, hunters, scouts, and scholars. You don't have to pick now, you can feel them out for a while." Oh, but he had been talking for some time now. Art smiled bashfully, ears pulling to his skull. "Ah, sorry, I can ramble a bit when I'm talking about the pack. Did either of you have more questions we can answer while we get you settled in?"

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.