gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy
06-10-2022, 10:23 AM
The land here was wreathed in mist. He took it in as the king spoke, letting his eyes wander but his ear twitched to let Ardyn know he was listening to him. Like any other place in Boreas, there was thick snow on the ground. No end in sight, just a forever prairie of white and more white. The raven dropped to greet the king, but Torben did not acknowledge it verbally; only a dip of his skull. He was a quiet man anyway, and did not waste words on needless things. Even words.

"I've no violent bone in my body" Torben began as Ardyn finished his speech, red eyes drifting back to the other man "but I know how to defend myself, and others, if need be" Especially others, over himself "though I am not much of a healer" he admitted, shaking his head "scouting, navigation and mapping is a skill of mine. Passed down through my forefathers, who travelled the world in search of a home." He considered his next words before accepting what he required to say to the king.

"I've no aversion to learning and growing from hard work. My people were settlers, farmers and craftsmen. I hunted to provide for my family, and traded to access what we didn't have... I've never belonged to a pack. We were tribesmen" Torben knew that wolf instinct was to join packs, but his people never had a need for them. They grew out of the term over years "but I accept change" The dire wolf lifted his head, meeting Ardyn's eyes "and I've room to grow, myself."

He briefly hesitated before continuing. "If Valhalla ain't a place for me... am I free to leave without fuss?"

SPEECH HERE
1/3 explore territory (druid's moor)