gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon Mod
06-16-2022, 12:50 AM

She had been surprised, honestly, when she had been requested to join the Queen and a couple of others for an important meeting regarding the pack's expansion. She was one of the newest members, so she hadn't expected to be asked for her input or opinion on much until she at least gained some more seniority. And considering the number of members in the pack, she assumed the input from them would have been requested. But when she was asked, she didn't hesitate to show up. She had never been asked for her input regarding pack things, and in fact, she had been rather quiet during her time in both Winterfell and Incendium. So this was a welcome surprise if she was being honest with herself.

She arrived promptly, and once she did, she chose a seat among them and neatly wrapped her tail around her paws, the girl sitting tall and poised. For the first time, she noticed how big she was compared to the others. While she matched the brown and white fae in height, Claire was a little more heavy set though it was honestly mostly her Ancoran fur that made her look bigger than she was. She listened as Briar spoke, and then the two females she had yet to meet. She thought a few moments about what she could offer here, but...she did agree with them so far. She and Greed had passed through this area on their way to the Hallows, and if the pack planned on claiming it, she agreed with Serenity. "I agree with you," She nodded to Serenity, "This territory is the first that Greed and I passed through on our way to the Hallows. It is rich in food for prey animals, and the first time we passed through, we saw signs of bears. Black bears mostly, and while I've noticed they can be timid, a mother with cubs or one that feels like it needs to protect itself could be dangerous. Not to mention any rogue or passerby coming in from Boreas might see the berries as an easy treat and attempt to take what they can closer to the border at their leisure if they think they can get away with it."

She grew thoughtful for a moment, thinking carefully about her words. She didn't want to sound stupid or embarrass herself, but so far...she was doing fine, right? "And another fair point was made as well. While I don't know much about the pack that borders these lands, we will be in closer proximity to one another. Are they friendly? Hostile? do they mind their own business? Would any of their members cause trouble for us when or if we decide to claim this land? As a former rogue, I'm aware of the difficulties of trying to navigate packs that are in close quarters to another. I think frequent patrols would be needed on that side more than anything. After all, it is often easier to deal with a rogue trespasser, but someone from another pack who willingly tries to cause trouble is another matter. Perhaps if they know that we are frequently watching and guarding our borders, they won't be tempted to test their luck."

Was that too much? Like she mentioned before, she knew very little of the neighboring Fenmyre. Though Greed had scoped them out a bit before they came to the Hallows and decided the place wasn't suitable at all for them. Words often spread like wildfire, and all she knew was that they were in no way, shape, or form something she wanted to be associated with. "Additionally, we could potentially use some of the space here to set up something more geared towards healers and I suppose those interested in gardening. Hunters would also thrive here considering the abundant berries and plants that grow here would draw in prey, especially hungry ones that are traveling in from Boreas. As for fighters, I feel as long as some of these bushes are maintained, maybe manipulated or redirected to grow in a certain direction to divide some areas, we could perhaps use some of the space as spar grounds as well...though perhaps the castle courtyards are better suited for that...?" Damn...she was doing so well, too...but then another idea struck her. "Oh! What about if we decide to not do spar grounds here, we could perhaps grow crops? Either additional food for us or perhaps feed for livestock, or even additional livestock could be raised here for a time...?"

She had seen some alpacas, but nothing else, really. Honestly, she probably wouldn't mind tending to some additional livestock. Maybe in the plains, but there was ample space here so it wouldn't hurt to throw the idea out there anyway, right? Maybe start young ones here and move them out to pasture when they were old enough to be moved to bigger pens...
"Speak