size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
06-18-2022, 08:32 PM

Unlike Sayuri, Usagi hadn’t much concerned himself with the strictness of ranks. He knew of the importance of a hierarchy in a pack - who was the leader, the warriors, the healers, the pups, the newcomers, and the prisoners. He understood the rigidity of such ranks, but didn’t really give much thought into demanding respect for his title. She was new, so he knew she was a Chinpira - a default rank upon joining Tojo. He himself was a Hohei, which wasn’t much of a leap from her place. Thus, he felt they were on even standing.

Upon her mentioning Sayuri would be fine, he nodded softly in acknowledgement. He could tell she believed his name to be a bit amusing, which he chose to ignore. He’d been given the same response his whole life by other native speakers - after all, he was a grown man with the name ‘bunny’. Did he care at this point? Not really. She also explained that Hattori accepted her quite recently, and that she ‘earned her place’ by slaying a tiger. He blinked; taking down a tiger - if he believed her to have done the deed on her own, or with little assistance - was noble, indeed. He supposed that earned her every right to join the pack’s ranks. Upon her asking what his own rank was, the wounded male siimply responded, "I am a Hohei. A footsoldier." It wasn’t special, but he took its duties seriously. And clearly, judging by the broken ankle, he had certainly been in the positiob where something had to give so the pack could be protected.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

wishing there was something left to lose
this could be the day i die for you—