An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
06-19-2022, 02:22 AM
As she invited them all to give their input on the grove they were sitting in for how they viewed the usefulness of this land and what they could use it for, Laeta spoke first with some well spoken observations about the plethora of resources that this portion of Auster provided as well as mentioning the physical and mental benefits for their wolves. Briar had heard that Laeta had an interest in the emotional and mental well being of wolves and that showed in her interests for the grove and Briar gave her a smile and nodded in agreement before Serenity began to speak and she turned her turquoise gaze toward her. She lifted her brows with interest at the idea of building a secondary greenhouse in the plains and transplanting some of the plants that grew abundantly here into the new structure. She did notice that the greenhouse that was currently built against the castle wall was over flowing with plants and certainly didn't offer room for larger plants if they wanted to cultivate that sort of thing. It had been built in the early days of the pack from her understanding so it made sense that they had outgrown it a bit. She hummed and nodded in agreement at the mention of this being one of the first points where wolves traveling from Boreas to Auster would reach and the possible need for more patrols this direction because of that and the fact that they would be moving their borders closer to Fenmyre. They were good ideas and points to take note of and she gave Serenity a nod as well. Claire said her piece then, speaking about the bears she and Greed had encountered here and the temptation of the berries that grew here that could draw wolves across the border. She also questioned the relationship between The Hallows and Fenmyre since they were understandably a point of concern and then gave her opinions on the many valuable uses for this space. None of the ideas were bad—that was one of the big benefits about this place was that it could be used for so many different things! The idea of growing crops or raising more livestock had come to mind for her as well, but not for the grove.

"These are all really good observations and I love all of these ideas," she told them with a smile, her braided tail brushing across the ground behind her. "To answer some of your concerns... Fenmyre and The Hallows are very close friends. We're probably about as close as we can be to being allied with another pack given our neutral stance in pack relations and Chimera, their leader, is a close personal friend of Artorias so I don't believe we need to be concerned with any threat from them. However, as your two pointed out," she said with a gesture to Claire and Serenity, "This is the first area of Auster you come across after crossing the bifrost. I certainly agree that we need to arrange some sort of patrols or guards for that border considering the frequency of other wolves passing by here." She thought back through some of the other points that were brought up and added, "We are definitely ware of the bears that frequent this area as well. Artorias, Rudyard, Fern and I chased off one just a couple of days ago. We have already begun making our presence known here and discouraging them from coming back—though undoubtedly we'll need to be careful of the predators regardless." She hummed softly with thought as she looked around the clearing. "Because of the bears and the proximity to the borders I'm not sure if I would want to have anything here that would bring our healers out here on their own. None of them are trained in fighting. I do really like the idea of building a green house and possibly even creating a space for crops and livestock in the plains. That would be a nice flat, open space for that sort of thing—though that's not really the focus of the topic today." She smiled and chuckled as she refocused her attention on them. "Perhaps if we left it a bit more wild as it is now we can mainly use it as a source of hunting and, as Laeta suggested, a peaceful spot for someone wanting to get away from the crowd of the pack for a while. We have only been steadily growing bigger as of late so it might be nice to have somewhere quiet to get away. It might be nice to create a space of some kind for that near the side of the grove that borders the plains... so that anyone resting out here would be further away from the bifrost facing border while still enjoying the shade of the grove. I also considered the possibility of building something like beehives out here to encourage the berry production out here since we can use the berries in our wine making as well."

"Briar Carpathius"