Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipExplorerOoh La LaWinnerPride - Bisexual
All Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1OverachieverStudentCritical Attack!
Critical Dodge!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! HomebodyIce Bridge ExplorerLoserVengeance
Island HopperDouble MasterLegendaryHalloween 2020 - Spooky Cave1KValentines 2020
VolcanoCritical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019
06-21-2022, 04:17 PM

Keahi gave her explanation, the tide-measuring process falling in line with what Zee had imagined with just enough added detail and complexity to make it clear to her that this was not the reddish-womans first time thinking through it. "I will leave the task to you, then. I'm sure it will take more time than we have today, so feel free to recruit whatever wolves you'd like to assist you in the coming days." Zee knew Sirius trusted in her decisions even after she stepped down from the title of alpha. The aging Warlord would not argue her verdict in giving the younger generation extra opportunities to prove their capabilities to lead.

The conversation moved into the fish, a topic on which Zee knew very little. Zee was born with a desire to explore, raised as a slave and later, given a crown. None of these things required a heavy hand in hunting, especially when more than half her life had been spent alongside Sirius. Fishing lines, a boat? The suggestions seemed reasonable, though without a working background in their prey, Zee could not comment further. As the prey was mentioned, as was the predator that likely would consume them. Kotori was correct - if fish did survive here in this cove, surely some form of predator would have made it their hunting grounds. He directed their attention towards a trail of smoothed sand and Zee felt her fur stand on end. Walrus?? The discomfort of the winter winds was easy to forget, when a predator so dangerous might be lurking beneath the waves. If Walrus' frequented the area, how could they ever make it safe to fish and enjoy? The Armada was not a stranger to sharing a border with water, but aside from the rare alligator from the east, did not have to worry about a danger that could swim the sea and walk the land.

Her lack of knowledge on the predator itself was frustrating - she was here as a navigator, not a huntress. Though the mental image of a walrus lumbering it's way onto the shore was enough to bring her pause. It seemed Wren was particularly experienced in the north and had an understanding of the creatures who they now lived alongside, and so the queen turned her head to address her once more. "I've never seen one up close, though I'm told they're much larger than we are and incapable of leaping." It occurred to her that with the height of the lava rock pillars, they could try to tunnel out a storage cavern higher up... but basalt was strong and durable, likely too tough for even their strongest wolves to chip through. They could commission out the work, but that would keep the coves (and fish) off-limits for longer. "I wonder if there might be a way to build a permanent sort of trap - a pitfall, or something - at the base of the caves. So long as the path through it is thin enough for a wolf, but not a walrus." If they could protect their resources from thievery and occasionally score the pack a skewered walrus meal.. Zee wished she'd taken an interest in the field of hunting, if only to be able to imagine such a contraption better. She paused to allow Kotori and Wren a chance to speak from the hunter's point of view.  

"Speech"

Sirius as her husband may crash any of Zee's threads.

Zee has a rough scaled bush viper companion as well as a toucan, who unless otherwise stated can assume to not be present.
During combat, Zee wears a wrapping of thorns around her kudu horns.