An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
06-26-2022, 12:26 AM
Beauregard’s smile faded as Wren spoke of not having kin to fight. She had been an only pup with a single mother… that… sounded rough. “I’m sorry.” He said softly. He agreed that gathering different views and learning from losses, as well as mistakes, were necessary. It was what the pilgrimage that his family had put him on encouraged. He would have said more, but the topic shifted to the answer to his question and he allowed his gaze to shift over the rock once more.

“So this is a mine… My aunt talked about them a lot.” He motioned with his head towards the blade in its sheath upon his front right leg. “She said she found this knife in one, actually… Already crafted. Whoever had it before was nowhere to be found though.” His gaze became thoughtful. If he found ore would he really be able to craft things like this too? No, he thought, it couldn’t be that simple. But maybe with the right teacher and patience, he could learn.

“I’m new here in these lands myself. The terrain gave way to our battlefield and I met you,” He gave a bit of a sheepish grin. “So I don’t even know what these lands are called yet, what packs may reside here… nothing I’m afraid.” But as his gaze trailed back to hers he didn’t seem all that worried about it.

“I left my homeland in my birth season when the leaves were starting to fall in mass. It is tradition for yearlings to go on a pilgrimage on the first birthday.” Beauregard began explaining. “You can choose to come back to our homeland, but not until you’ve lived another year alone, or with another pack. I came this way seeking a place to call home.” His gaze softened.

“I was the only pup born to my parents last year, but I was raised with a couple of friends who left the same day. As much as I love my family, my pack, and my friends, I don’t think I’d grow very much if I returned back there.” Beauregard drew in a breath, twitching his ears as they came forward.

“There is a big, wider world… And I want to learn more about it. I want to learn to make weapons and armor, sharpen my skills as a fighter, and hunt the largest game I can find…” There was a light in his eyes as he spoke now. “...and I’m not going to do that if I just sit about idly, will I?” He glanced back at Wren again, a large grin on his face.

“I’d like to start here, if you’d be kind enough to accompany me, Wren! My neck stings from our fight,” He let out a chuckle. “But it’s going to take more than that to slow me down for long. So what do you say? Up for adventure?”