gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-06-2022, 03:48 PM
Ardyn Cadeyrn Aodhán Phoenix Adravendi

He listened intently; ears perked with interest as Corbie laid out what she’d been doing for the past couple of years. Sheep had been something his mother had tried, but they’d drawn one too many grizzlies, and possibly Jupiter, so she’d sent the remaining animals back to the Nomads.

The subject of kidnapping brough an instinctive upward twitch of his lips in a faint grimace of disgust. “We have a close ally in the east, on the coast; Abaven. The alpha there, Theory, recently reformed her pack into a neutral school open to all. I’ve yet to send any of my own there as our numbers are shorter than I’d like, but in the future, I’d like to send one or two experienced wolves over.”

His head tipped in thought, considering. There was an icy neutrality held between Valhalla and the Armada, not helped by their Warlord’s lackluster diplomat’s performance during Malalia’s disappearance, and he had little desire to get any warmer with them despite their attempts during the Long Night to figure something out between all the packs to get ahead of the plague... Sirius was too paranoid to view any overtures of friendship as the gestures they truly had been. Genuine. He trusted his mother’s assessment of the man.

Prior to Lia’s disappearance, there had been some friendship there. Pity things fell apart. “The Armada is a pack that we’ve had some… tension with… long story. They’ve been largely militant in culture and from what I gather, closely allied to Ashen in the south. Primarily, I don’t think the Armada is predisposed to forcing others into their ranks. At one point, they were gracious enough to house one of ours when he fell off a mountain and broke two legs and who knows what else. They were guarded, but didn’t force him to stay or treat him ill… however, that was shortly before and after my birth.”

Isara’s timid features, and the cocksure Fatalis man only backing down after Isara had edged toward Ardyn and Ardyn had pulled status, crossed his mind, and he added, “However, I’m not certain all Armadan wolves are against taking someone who doesn’t necessarily say yes to joining them. They are a large pack, with large allies. I’d assume they are used to getting what they want. I encountered a yearling girl who knows next to no Common and speaks a language I’ve never heard before. And then a member of the Armada popped up almost the same time and tried to push her around. Kotori Fatalis. Be cautious. He backed down in the end, but I’d be cautious about mentioning any connection with us if you ever bump into him. He strikes me as vindictive. Especially because the girl chose to go with me and I stepped in to defend her.”

He described the man and encounter in detail, leaving nothing he’d spotted or noted of him out. He kept it diplomatic; after all, it could have just been that the man had just been having a bad day and it had brought out the worst in him and he was normally a friendly sort, if haughty. There was that offer of a spar. Whether he could trust the man not to be underhanded in it would have to be seen if he ever took Kotori up on the offer.

Finally, he turned to the subject of family, a smile gladly taking his features over as he said, “Mother’s been enjoying retirement. It gives her more time with my father, and time to build the tower on the hill.”

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Labhair an Sean-Teanga." ---- "Hear" ---- Think

Ardyn's family (Red, Aurielle, Siblings, Valhalla) are allowed to crash threads, regardless of private tags.

Ardyn at first glance is as black as can be imagined with a raven sheen.

Closer inspection proves that he shimmers in fire tones in every hair on his hide right down to his lashes.

More obviously, he glows like a bed of coals and flames with every movement and brush of fur. His tail is usually wagging, so blazes like a torch.

His adult teeth are in and his saber canines have grown to their full length (see profile). His mane and tail hair have grown to full length, as well as being lightweight and easily buffeted by breezes.

A look at his front paws will give the impression of hands, with his dew claw dropped low and lengthened into a functioning thumb, and his toes elongated into fingers. He has retractable, solid black cat-like claws on every paw.

Ardyn has developed a glowing mast of intricate markings in fire and ice colors over his face, symmetrical over the last seasons of Year 17 (see profile for details). During hunts or raids/sieges, he will smudge them out with black soot to cover the glow, otherwise, they are bright enough to note at first direct glance at his face. Not all his artwork currently portrays the mask markings.

He is also often bedecked in beads, small bells, feathers in blues, ribbons and braids thanks to the Ooze Event of Halloween 2021, and the Coathanger item that he got. The accessories generally are seen most in his mane and tail hair. He removes the brighter items and bells for hunts or battle.