An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze - Variation 2By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Critical Block!The Ooze Participant1K
07-11-2022, 11:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2022, 12:28 AM by Grimshaw. Edited 1 time in total.)
CODE & ART © SKELLE 2022

"Speech!"

─ Flashback ─

"Stay here, I'll get around the other side and chase it back to you." The mountain was dangerous, but it wasn't something he was afraid of. The warning look he got from Malachai reminded him to be careful before any words could and after a soft, lingering kiss Grimshaw was off quickly in pursuit of the mountain goat that they had been hunting. Moving onto the far side of the animal, Grimshaw carefully made his descent down the side of the mountain and towards the goat to force it back towards Malachai. His footing wasn't solid, rocks slipping out from underneath him as he moved across the almost-skree field. The mountain goat was quick to catch on however, bounding off in the direction it was supposed to go. However, Grimshaws weight was working against him now. The ground was moving too quickly beneath him and he scrambled to get to the rock ledge the goat had been standing on just a moment ago.

He was slipping, but he managed to grab a hold of the rock ledge before it was too late. Most of his weight dangled as his claws dug into the stone in an effort to pull himself up. It wasn't working though, too much of his weight was hanging. Malachai was coming to him before he could call out, his panic forcing him to lose his words as he desperately tried to pull himself up. His hind claws kept scraping on the mountain side underneath the ledge, but kept slipping. Frantic silver eyes looked up to Malachai as he felt the man grasp each of his forelegs, his claws digging into his flesh for extra support. The leverage allowed his hind legs to find purchase on the mountain side beneath the ledge, though it wasn't for long. They slipped once again, leaving him shifting closer to the edge despite Malachai's strength. They were both scared, it was clear on their faces, but Grimshaw was slipping and Malachai had to let go.

Grim didn't know what would happen when he fell. He didn't want to know either. "You need to let go. I love you, Malachai, it'll be okay." He promised, when in fact he couldn't promise anything. While his fall wasn't far, the descent down the rest of the mountain would be painful and despite trying to not think about it, he knew it would be a miracle if he survived. Whether Malachai let go or he fully slipped, Grimshaw fell. His body hit the side of the mountain with a solid thud and he would quickly begin to slide down the steep face.

─ Present Day ─

Grimshaw woke with a sudden sharp breath of air and wide eyes. It hurt more than anything so it wasn't long before the man started to whine while frantic eyes bounced around the room he was in. He started to pull his legs towards him in an effort to lay upright, but his aching muscles protested. He fought against it as his eyes struggled to focus in the dark den. "Malachai?" The fear in his voice was clear, even if it was raspy from weeks of rest.

every second i'm without you i'm a mess

Grimshaw has a septum ring, a fluffy curled tail, and a horrible facial scar (hover)
that may not be reflected in his art!

please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex