gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
07-17-2022, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2022, 08:28 PM by Ghoul. Edited 1 time in total.)

It was not her forwardness that caught him off guard. It was the way that she could tell what he was feeling even without him expressing such. Truthfully, he was typically pretty good about hiding his emotions - whenever he actually felt them. He was the stoic, quiet, and reserved pup that never gave much away. Yet, here this girl was telling him exactly how he felt. How strange and frustrating that was. Letting his ears flick backward as she continued to speak, Ghoul had to look away.

Had he not been perfectly clear that it was okay if she lacked skills? That he would gladly train her? Were her insecurities so deeply rooted that she wasn't willing to give him a chance? Except, he understood in a way. Not that she knew it, but he was in the running to be next the heir. Potentially, not that mother would care, it would be best if he brought home capable wolves. Yet, the ones who sired his siblings and himself were nobodies so did it really matter?

Letting out a frustrated huff, he patiently waited while she spoke. He had never been in this situation before. Previously, all of his friends had been his littermates and they all still resided within Habari lands. She was asking something that he had no idea how to answer. His mouth opens briefly before shutting, trying to find the words that would be appropriate. Silence seemed to stretch between them as he didn't dare look at her. Both eyes stared at the falls that poured down into the pool beside them. But what if she never did join Habari? Would he waste every day hoping she would stop by for a visit? Would that ever be enough?

No matter what he said, it wasn't going to be enough. "Edelweiss," Ghoul started before his mouth shut tightly once more. Forcing himself to look at her, he let out a sigh. "I would never request you do something that you would not be happy doing," hadn't he made that clear already? A frown tugged at the corner of his lips as he let his ruby stare linger on her face. Something about that face made his stomach twist into knots. "I... just want to spend time with you is all," his tone grew soft as he finally let his gaze drop to the soft grass beneath his paws. Why was his heart beating so fast?