Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
07-22-2022, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 09:19 PM by Beauregard. Edited 2 times in total.)

The woman speaks soothingly, not seeming to want to add distress when the youth was already in a bit of a panic. She asks him to be calm, something Beauregard wishes he could be, currently. He laps at the wound, over and over, trying to soothe the hurt he had suffered. His ears remain lowered back, his eyes shifting their attention to her. There is fear within them, surely, betraying his inexperience with injury. The youth doesn’t fear much, not the fight, but not knowing if a wound is dangerous, that, however, bothers him. Beauregard doesn’t fear death by battle… but bleeding out? It had always been a fear of his, and fear as a warrior he would need to grapple with.

She asks if he could walk to the other side and he follows her gaze. He frowns, listening to her as she continued to speak and press against him to offer him some balance. The salt, the salt of the water, would burn the wound. He’d learned the hard way about the salt in the water - it wasn’t good for drinking either so he didn’t doubt the healer spoke the truth. And, at last, her next words offer reassurance. Beauregard breathes out, expelling a breath he didn’t realize had been held for so long.

“T-thank you.” He managed to get a grip on himself, holding the injured paw higher, towards his chest as he starts to hobble forward. “It’s probably silly… I’m… not really sure what to do when I get a wound.” He starts to relax, though he’s feeling embarrassed from his earlier freakout. “I freeze up… I panic if there’s a lot of blood…” Beauregard was partly speaking to keep his mind off the pain as he continued forth. “I’m supposed to be a warrior but… some warrior I am… panicking at something that wouldn’t even kill me.” His voice became a bit sad.

“I’d probably still be panicking with that shell in my paw, had you not come along…” Beau confessed. “I really can’t thank you enough, miss…?”

"Speech," 'Thought.'