gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
07-23-2022, 05:04 AM

Sayuri.

She was kind, and her way of speaking was different enough in a way that reminded him a bit of Torben… though not the same at all. Her accent was different, suggesting she was from different lands, and therefore a different pack, all together. She allowed him to use his weight against her own form, helping him get to the other side. Their going was slow, but, for Beauregard, the talk helped a fair deal. Once they had safely made it he flopped down a bit unceremoniously on his rump while he waited for her to gather what she needed.

Her words help reassure him. Beau let out a breath, flicking his ears forward again. “I get what you mean. We call them Dreamends, in the land I’m from… but I’d assume they are one and the same. Demons are demons, and never good.” He had heard tales of those who did not feel pain as the mortal creatures did, and rather… enjoyed causing it. Beasts with souls black than any night, who were colder than ice and crueler than anything you could imagine. No matter what name you called them, they were bad news.

She had pushed some moss against the wound, wrapping it around his pad so that it could cushion the injury. Beau watched, fascinated, as she treated him, giving a nod when she gave her instruction. “Right.” Beau got to his paws, starting towards the grassy area a bit farther from where they were sitting. He paused though, offering a smile to the healer. “My name’s Beauregard, by the way… I realized you gave me your name, but I hadn’t given mine.” Then, with that, he hobbled the rest of the way to the grass, doing as instructed and pressing down hard upon the paw.

To his relief, just like Sayuri said, the pain eased up. He wouldn’t be able to see if the blood stopped flowing but he trusted it would. At least he was able to put weight on that paw now.

…and perhaps it was time to return the favor, no?

“Hey Sayuri,” Beau called to her. “Do you happen to need any herbs around here? I’d like to help you collect some, if so.” Did he know anything about herbs? Not really. But he had appreciated her gesture and one kind action deserved another, right?

"Speech," 'Thought.'