gems
size
Large
build
-
player
10-10-2013, 01:08 AM

Walk | "Talk" | Think

He could almost feel the hesitation course through the small wolf's frame beside him as he made his request, blue eyes watching closely her expression, and he thought he knew why. Alamea had been careful with her answers up until this point, divulging no more information about her new home than was truly relevant to the both of them. This, informing him of exactly where it was located, was likely to be seen as a breach on her end, even if only to herself. Though he did not presently think it, Rune did believe that all the leaders had a general notion of where the other packs resided and could, at any moment, send off scouts or spies to watch these neighbors. For the moment, though, his inquiry was purely personal, only as a means to see the pretty little wolf he had grown sweet on.

The pause had been relatively small overall, but it had been noted nonetheless. When the pink-eyed wolf finally deemed him worthy enough of a direct answer, the boy's lips quirked upward along one side into a half grin, delighted that she had seen it fit to give him directions after all. East, he wondered, silently committing the words to memory. Within the valleys. Mind the deserts. Simple enough. Direct enough, he hoped, that he could easily follow them when the time came for him to make the trip. Likely he would simply need to steal away in order to do it, but that would be a risk worth taking.

And already he was eager to make the journey, even with her presently so close to him and so enamored herself that she should go against her conventions to tell him information she might have kept close had he been a mere stranger. "East. In the valleys by the desert. Got it," he repeated just to test the words out for himself and receive confirmation from Alamea. "You won't lose me," he assured her with a confident smile, reaching forward to brush his muzzle alongside hers and sneak in a quick kiss against the side of her lips. "It'll take more than a couple wrong directions to do that. I'm a good tracker, remember?"