gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

07-30-2022, 09:56 PM

Finding the yarrow plants had been an easy feat in the grapevine cathedral, as Kane had predicted. The distinctive snow-white flowers stood out against the lust verdant surroundings, thriving in the rich loamy soil and cool shade. The tribal medic gathered up a small bundle of the plants—flowers, stems, and leaves—as well as a couple smooth stones and made his way back to his mate and stepdaughter. He did not have his satchel of medical supplies with him—they'd all been left back at their campsite since he hadn't needed them—and without his tools, he'd need to find another means of turning the plant into a basic salve. When he returned, he noticed Asheila had lifted her head some and was moving. Excitement and hope swelled in the older wolf's heart, trotting briskly back to her side as Tamsyn spoke soft words of reassurance and encouragement to her, giving her the best bedside manner he'd seen in some time... well, save for maybe the bedside manner she'd shown him.

"I found the yarrow. Good work, Tam," he said, settling in to begin his work beside her. His bushy tail shifted to rest gently over Tamsyn's silky black plumage like a pseudo hand hold to help reassure her that everything would be okay. Kane gave a gentle smile to Ash while he set one of the rocks on the ground, placing the yarrow on its surface and using the other stone to grind the plants down with smooth, circular motions so as not to scatter the plants. "Hello Asheila, my name is Kane. I'm here with your mother to help you." He hoped the explanation would soothe his patient; an answer to who he was and what purpose he had to keep her nerves at ease while he treated her. "Your mother's told me many things about you, little one. You're very special to her." He was trying to keep Ash engaged, perhaps even talking, anything to show she was cognitive and aware. It was a subtle way of checking to make sure she hadn't suffered any sorts of head trauma.

Once he'd ground the yarrow down into a basic paste, Kane dabbed some of the sticky salve on his paw and hunted for the largest of Ash's wounds. "This won't hurt, but it might feel weird," he told her in his calm, even tones as he began to gently smear the salve onto her wounds. The thick herbal paste sat like an ointment on her wounds, slowing the bleeding and on some even working to stop the bleeding entirely. "We're going to get you home, Asheila. But first, can you tell me what hurts the most? What you're feeling right now?"

"Kaneonuskatew"

As his mate, Tamsyn may enter his threads not marked as Private.