size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-04-2022, 12:17 AM

Artorias watched the anger and frustration in Avantika's expression build and build while he spoke, his words tightening a spring that seemed ready to burst. He had been preparing for some sort of rebuttal or rebuke, some pushback against him when he finally said something that made her snap, but he wouldn't bring himself to regret it. These were all words Tika needed to hear, things he needed to make clear to her, lest he risk not doing enough again and letting her fall into her pit of self-sacrifice again. He hadn't done enough to save Asheila or Bowen, he hadn't done enough to keep Grimshaw in the family, he hadn't done enough to protect Gwynevere. He was so sick and tired of not being able to save anyone! Always a day late and a dollar short. No. Not this time. He wouldn't fail Avantika like he'd failed the others.

He expected the anger. He expected her to lash out, either physically or verbally. But instead, Artorias only saw the anger fade away from his sister's expression when he told her he wouldn't do the insane suggestion of banishing her. Like snow in the sun, the pain and frustration melted off of her visage, leaving behind shock and confusion. Had Tika really been expecting him to exile her from the Hallows? The notion made Artorias' stomach churn with worry over his sister's mental state. What was going on in Tika's head and heart that had her feeling of so little value?

When he begged her to let someone help her, the tricolored Carpathian woman simply nodded and apologized. She'd try to be better. Artorias' jaw set and he shook his head. "I'm not asking you to be better, Tika. You're already enough. I'm asking you to let me help you stop this... this anger, this doubt, this... whatever it is that's making you work yourself to death." Art could never truly know what struggles Avantika faced inside her own mind, but gods dammit, he wished he could simply do battle with her demons. How he wished he could make them manifest so that he might slay them and spare her whatever thoughts and emotions were tormenting her to make her this way.

There was no hesitation when Tika stepped forward and offered him a nervous hug. Artorias closed the distance with a quick step and wrapped strong forelimbs around his sister's midsection, pulling her into a secure embrace. She didn't need to say anything. The mere fact that she was still here spoke volumes for her. "I love you, Tika. You're my sister, and you'll always be my sister," he spoke softly while bringing his cheek down to nuzzle the top of her forehead. "You will never be banished from our family. And you are worthy of love. You don't need to kill yourself to prove it." Avantika was a Carpathius. There was no doubt and no question of that to Artorias. She was his sister and she would forever be a part of their family. He loved her, and like all of their siblings, he would gladly die to save them. He hoped it didn't come to that to get Tika to a place where she didn't need to be isolating herself and grinding herself down to the bone, but there wasn't a price too steep Art would pay to aid his family.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.