I'm on the right track, baby

Tallulah

Nguruvilu

gems
size
build
player
08-07-2022, 12:23 AM

The stranger was polite, though her dialect seemed to be different, Ngurulivu noticed. She assumed the word “Howdy,” was some sort of greeting. It was curious, Ngurulivu thought to herself. The important thing was that the other woman seemed kindly, and the monochrome female offered a small smile. ”I figured I might as well, given that the prey seems to be plentiful around here.” It was true… the Dall sheep dotted the landscape and appeared pleasantly oblivious of the wolves that were present. That or they were purposefully ignoring them, seeming to be confident enough in their strength to handle the predators.

She had barely had time to answer the stranger before the weather caused her to get moving. Well, that was a shame. So much for pleasantries prior to a hunt. The lightning strike, followed by a boom of thunder, threatening the hunt to be had been enough to stir Ngurulivu as well. She felt her fur stand on end as her gaze followed the woman who fearlessly charged the nearest to go for it. Well, here went something.

The female charged away and left them with a male. Great. They’d need to be mindful of it, Nuru told herself as she started to move. The weather itself would be a hindrance as well as slush started to fall from the heavens. Not cold enough to be pure snow, but not warm enough to be mere rain, the slush hit Ngurulivu’s face as she charged forward, causing the woman to curse and stumble. She growled, catching herself, to see that the stranger had the sheep doing the same.

“Keep on it! I’m coming!” She just needed another couple of moments to get her head on with this freak storm. Maybe then she could get close to actually assist the other with bringing the Dall Sheep down.

"Talk, 'Think.'

1,007 / 1,500 Words