size
Large
build
Balanced
player

OverachieverScarredTeacherCritical Dodge!Double MasterSamhain 2022
1KCritical Attack!
08-07-2022, 02:12 AM
If she had something to do, somewhere to push herself, a direction, then she didn't have to let the other thoughts creep in. The things that she had nightmares about. The things that she'd worry about, now. The things that she saw when she was on the edges of sleep and waking, the things she heard. None of those things would have a chance to creep in. If she was busy, if she was working, if she was pushing herself... then those things couldn't get her. The demons couldn't reach her if she was faster. They couldn't hurt her if she was stronger. They wouldn't, they couldn't be too much, if that was the case. Hazel would just be stronger, faster, better than all of the things that threatened her-- no matter if those things were real or imagined. That's how it worked, right?

"Will you teach me what goes on, on your level, with raids and other... things like that? The planning, the strategy?" There was an excitement in her voice now, too. There was more she could learn, even while she was still healing. "Halo had me sorting seeds and helping make um, those kits for stuff? It's just... dad I don't want to waste more time." She was grateful for Halo, of course, and all that she had done, but there had to be something else she could to stay mentally sharp while she as recovering.

Beneath her paws, the ground went from solid to sandy. Before her, the landscape gave way to the Cove itself. "It seems nice... how's the fishing?" Hazel drifted closer to the water, dipping her toes in around the edges. It was cautious, curious. The water was cold, but refreshing. A shock to the system, but not an unwelcome one. "Have you been to that island?" It was a soft question, and Hazel knew that she wasn't yet strong enough to make that swim... or a strong enough swimmer in general, to make that happen. In time, though. All in good time.

"Speech"