Indie

gems
size
-
build
-
player

Rapid Poster - Rainbow
08-10-2022, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 06:48 PM by Indie. Edited 2 times in total.)
Hullo frens. Your friendly neighborhood Indie here. I promise I’ll be a good bean and fill out the form provided. But this post is going to be a dump for inspiration (running rampant between my two brain cells) of Aresenn Praetor, so things might fall outside the lines. Just forewarning ^^;

OOC; Indie.
Name of Pup; Aresenn Praetor.
Meaning of the Name;  The crime of willfully and deliberately setting fire to or charring property.
Gender; Male.
Appearance; I do like the designs 19 and 20 of the ones offered [I’m also not opposed to twinsies if that came up]. But I’m not married to either design. I do think something in the Red/Black family would fit him better. I’m a poor-folk newbie, but am willing to pay to play through a site donation if need be for any items that I require to get this guy going. However, I do think he will be 36” tall with a heavy build ... unless ya'll would like to see him stand taller ... then I'll see if I can accommodate ^^;

❝It don’t matter if the cold wind blows
I’m gonna wind up working in the thick of it
There’s an oily brine bilge water baptism waiting below❞

Skills; Fighting [Relentless] and Intellect [Tactician]
Personality; Of course, as it is with puppies, personality is dynamic to the situation. I’ll offer kind of what I expect him to be as a pup, and then other things that I suspect he will end up with as an adult.
Alignment; I believe he could be classified as Chaotic Neutral.

IN CHILDHOOD ….
OBSESSIVE && PERFECTIONIST. The young Praetor is driven, focused, active in achieving goals, and will certainly aim to account for some major contributions in his lifetime. His fear of inadequacy drives his obsessions through varying grades of intensities. Those closest to him should grow accustomed to taking a back seat to whatever he is working on at the moment. He will never be satisfied with the way things are. Always looking to make improvements to his procedures as he goes along. He is diligent and persistent and will do whatever it takes to achieve his ideals. However, there will be times when he may fail to see that his goals are unachievable. His inability to accept anything less than perfection sets him up for failure on his own set standard, gearing him up for a vicious cycle of disappointment in himself and general self-loathing.
- Has control issues.
- Hypersensitive to criticism.
- Tends to focus on weaknesses rather than strengths.
- Gets angry at praise when he feels that is undeserved.

EVASIVE && UNCOMMUNITATIVE. It is far easier for Aresenn to slip into the role of a listener over anything else. He is certainly not one to share and tell when it comes to the deeply rooted thoughts, feelings, or other parts of his life. More or less, he’s guarded, with an ingrained hesitance of opening up. It will be difficult to establish any kind of emotional connection with him in his adult life. Some may assume that he is self-absorbed. Others may reject him when their attempts at connection are rebuffed. Likewise, he’ll have a hard time reaching out and pursuing friendships or love interests … if he has any interest to do so at all.
- Uses light manipulation to divert attention from himself.  
- Doesn’t share his motives out of acceptance that others will not understand.
- Allows emotion to build internally rather than expressing them.
- Avoids crowd settings.

ANALYTICAL && LOGICAL. Aresenn is a thinker, and tries harder to see deeper into a problem than someone else might. He enjoys the process of metaphorically reducing an object or issue to its base components in order to see what’s working, and what needs improvement. He works well alone, is dedicated and intelligent, and is a strong problem solver. Unfortunately, he does have the tendency to get lost in the details and miss the big picture. His mind is always working, which can make things difficult when it comes time to wind down and relax. In his line of work, he’s constantly posing what if? questions. The purpose is: to answer as many inquiries as he can ask himself. To be constantly learning himself, and enjoying the pursuit of information. Because of this, he would make a halfway decent teacher if he didn’t have such an aversion to social settings.
- Corrects any misinformation or misconceptions he encounters.
- Struggles with small talk.
- Needs to understand the “why” behind a process or action to be able to perform.
- Takes interest in the potential chain reaction of decision making.

❝Don’t let the ever rolling motion go and get you down
Don’t let it shake your steady thread cutting hand
Keep stealing ribbons from the steel and giving hell❞

IN ADOLESCENCE …
The CALL OF  THE VOID is a phenomenon occurring when one experiences a subconscious draw to initiate a catalyst of disaster. It is actually a very normal experience to have, and usually never makes it beyond an individual’s subconscious … usually. However, generally speaking, Aresenn’s call to the void will be a little louder than most. In adolescence, his “Praetor Demon” will manifest. At first sign, he will be disturbed by it. Paranoid and unsettled by the things his “demon” will be screaming at him. “What would it feel like to burn?” I’m not sure if this is something that will be talked about among the newest additions of Praetor line, or how open Ignis and Eden will be about discussing this with their offspring. “Just touch it. Touch the fame to feel.” But he will certainly have questions if he’s willing to bring it up- though he may fear doing so as to not want to seem weak. How he is taught to deal with it, I’m thinking, is going to have a lot of impact on his development. “Go on. Touch it. You have never felt anything like it.” However, if it is ignored to run its course naturally (like I suspect) since it’s generally difficult to talk about such mental illness, that’s where a lot of his personal flaws will emerge from. “TOUCH IT, YOU WORTHLESS COWARD.” At the center of the whole train wreck that will become of Aresenn, is going to be a heart of insecurity and vulnerability, and even that will present in varying degrees based on how the environment he is raised in. “What an idiot! You deserve to burn for such stupidity!” Unlike Ignis, Aresenn never loses himself in the sense of a split identity. He gets pressured by his void, and is forced to deal with the consequences of answering it.

❝When everyday’s like a war between the will to go on
And a wish that the world would spiral into the sun
Turn your head toward the storm that’s surely coming along❞

IN MATURITY …
ABRASIVE && CALLOUS. Aresenn has no difficulty focusing on his goals when faced with the white noise of others around him. On more of a casual basis, his lack of concern for any kind of social matter makes him truly transparent: you usually know exactly what he’s thinking because he doesn’t care enough to hide it. Because of how detached he’s become, it may be easier for him to navigate devastating circumstances when compared to someone less hardened. Decisions that others may find difficult over personal involvement, are a lot more black and white for him with his very little emotional attachment. Most of his relationships will be superficial at best. He lacks empathy and doesn’t feel the same impact when faced with traumatic events. And it may be easy for him to hurt another’s feelings without even realizing (or caring) that he’s done so.
- Shows impatience with others.
- Not caring about or picking up on social cues.
- Has an aversion to physical touch.
- Expresses frustration and disdain at the perceived neediness of others.

CONTROLLING && HAUGHTY. He is relentless when it comes to his pursuit of perfection. And in that, he may push his family members and few close relationships to do the same. But because of his controlling nature, he can be overly critical of others. He has a hard time delegating work to others, believing that no one could perform as well as he could in certain fields. He has become overly confident in his abilities, truly believing himself to be in the right. When faced with a challenging situation, rest assured that he will be one of the first ones to rise to the task. He is bold when speaking opinions, and unafraid to take action to further his beliefs and values. And he can certainly be counted on to put forward ideas and opinions when leadership or decision-making is needed.
- Maintains a steady drive to succeed.
- Avoids activities where he must be subservient to another.
- Possessive in the few personal relationships he’s able to maintain (mainly of close family, or romantic interests)
- Highly responsible with tasks that he finds important.

PERCEPTIVE && STRATEGIC. Aresenn has excellent observational skills, and is accurately able to assess what is coming down the road and how to prepare for it. An astute problem solver, it takes him no time to arrive at a solution. By taking care of problems before they occur, he can spend his time focusing on more important tasks rather than dealing with the fallout that comes from lack of planning and foresight. Because he’s likely to follow the path of least resistance, he can have a hard time with those who don’t do the same. He can also become impatient when others miss what he can obviously see. But like everyone else, he does have his blind spots and may become ensnared in false information.
- Proactively makes changes or decisions in order to protect himself and those he cares for.
- Knows himself accurately and intimately.
- Generally sizes up a situation as quickly as he can.
- Actively looks for the change in a pattern. .

❝Don’t let his condescension get you down
Just have the strength to know you’re wrong
And when you’re right the strength to stand your ground❞

Plans; I think the majority of his closest relationships are going to be formed within the first year of his life. I would love more than anything for him to have like … a childhood sweetheart. Or a friend outside of the family that could help keep him grounded. I imagine he wouldn’t be above force claiming this individual later on in life, but I won’t bank on it either.

I imagine he will be close to his siblings and mother. His relationship with Ignis will depend on how Ignis treats Aresenn- as well as how he sees Ignis treating his mother and siblings. I see Aresenn attempting to reciprocate any violence. But on the other side of the coin, I could see him bonding hard to Ignis if there is any kind of support shown there. If that’s the case, he would definitely crave Ignis’ approval. In the event that Eden tried to escape (and chose to leave pups behind, no matter how old they are assuming he is old enough to comprehend) I suspect that Aresenn will feel hurt and betrayed … and will cope with that loss as writing her off as dead to him.

Outside of predetermined relationships, I don’t have much other than enjoying the ride of descent into madness. I’m a go-with-the-flow kinda writer and believe that whatever will be, will be. However, I am interested in getting him into as many collaborations as I can.