An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

1KThe Ooze Participant
08-12-2022, 05:44 PM

Another yearling approached, bringing Acacius's fur to stand on end in fright and unashamedly requesting to join in on his activity. His floof began to smooth as he realized she meant no harm, and glancing over to his porcupine companion he posed the silent question.

Poke knew of her wolf's shyness with strangers and directed her smile toward the newcomer, waving her small paw to invite her closer. "Of course you can join, dear, our Acacius here might need some help finding the plant he needs to anyways. Normally you can find it by searching for the berries, but they aren't in season until the end of summertime." Straightening herself and shaking out her quills, the porcupine repeated her instruction for the other child's benefit. "Wintergreen has oval, waxy leaves and is easily distinguished by the scent given off when you crush them. Bring me back a good handful of them please, I'll mind the fire and start on the beeswax."

Watching his companion turn away and leave him to it alone, Acacius' ears fell back against his skull. What if this yearling was mean and bullied him, like others had? "Hi." He peeped shyly as he began to set off through the gully, poking his paw into bushes and flowers to search for the plant in question. "I'm Acacius, I'm training to be a healer but I'm not good enough yet. Have you ever collected this herb before?" Maybe he'd gotten lucky and had found a healer with more experience and confidence who could lead him through this exercise.

(2/3 Collected an Herb +10)
(0/3 Healing Lesson +15)
(0/3 Crafted an item related to healing +15)

"Speech"
Acacius has saber fangs, which may not be visible on all his art.
In the likely event you witness this character speaking to open air, he is speaking to his imaginary friend, Pocus.
Two porcupines follow Acacius everywhere he goes, their names are Prick(M) and Poke(F).