size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-18-2022, 03:09 AM

Artorias had never considered himself anything of a wedding planner, and he still wouldn't go so far as to say he was one, but recent experience planning and organizing his own ceremony and reception had helped open his eyes to all the details that went into a wedding. Even a small, intimate affair like the one Fern and Rudy were planning had a lot of forethought that needed to go into it. Blending the desires of both bride and groom would be a balancing act. Thankfully, it seemed like the two lovebirds were mostly on the same wavelength as once another and there wasn't much need for mediation, just clarification on some finer details. Fern requested the early evening for the ceremony, followed immediately by the hearty reception meal for the pack, and Art nodded. "I think that sounds like a grand plan," he agreed. Rudyard also agreed, and that matter was settled. The ceremony would take place early evening, around sunset and just before twilight.

There was only one other detail Fern requested be included in the event: sunflowers. At first, the Aegis was curious, but as his future sister-in-law went on to explain, Artorias' expression softened and there was a tender empathy in his fire-toned gaze. The sunflowers were a representation for Meadow, a little bit of Fern's way of having her mother at the wedding. A pang struck Artorias' heart as he thought about that melancholy he'd felt standing beneath the arbor on his own wedding day, looking out at the faces of their family and loved ones and knowing he'd never see another one amongst them. Not having Resin in attendance had broken his heart, but he knew that she'd been with him that day, even if it wasn't the way he'd hoped she would be. "I will make that happen for you, Fern. You have my word," promised Art, a seriousness in his gaze as embers met Fern's blues showing how important he took this request.

Rudy took the floor again, bringing up another matter he wanted to discuss. Art gave his brother his attention, half expecting another wedding request. What he got instead was a subject that took him well off guard. Rudy wanted to start considering having pups with Fern. Meeting his brother's golden gaze, the Carpathius patriarch listened as his brother pitched his case. Rudy explained how he looked up to Art, how his answer about his readiness to be a father had been his mottled sibling's guiding light. He voiced his confidence for Artorias to be a great father, a sentiment that made Art's ears fold to his head, perhaps from humility or from uncertainty, he couldn't be sure. But Rudy was. Rudyard knew they'd make great dads, and he wanted Artorias' blessing to make that dream become a reality. Artorias hesitated in his answer, mulling it over in his head while he considered his brother's words. Neither he nor Rudy had grown up with a father to be their role model. They would be going into this blind, doing what they felt was right. It was the biggest hangup Artorias had when it came to his own future children, the children he knew he was going to have whether he was ready or not. Would he ever be ready though? Would there ever come a time when he felt so sure of himself that didn't involve jumping in head first and learning to swim or sink?

After a few moments of thought, Artorias considered Rudyard. His rambunctious, reckless little brother had come such a long way from the pup he had been when the two of them would sneak out of pack lands to go play and explore. He was a man now, just like Art was, and he had grown, matured, endured, survived, and learned. Artorias saw a proud and noble man standing before him, confident and ready to take on the challenges of an unknown world. It was... inspiring. If Rudy could be ready for fatherhood, then maybe Art needed to stop doubting himself so much. Sure, he might not be a perfect father—mistakes would be made and lessons would be learned—but that was just a part of life, wasn't it? You live and you learn, and you grow from where you fall. Artorias pursed his lips, swallowed, then nodded with a small smile.

"Mulțumesc, Rudy," he said softly, his composed expression slipping to show some deeper emotion he rarely revealed. "If this is what you both want, then I could permit it. The Hallows has plenty of space and resources to go around right now, a few more mouths to feed won't break us." Of course, this would be a mutual decision for the couple to come to. If puppies were being brought into the Hallows, they would be brought in by parents working as a team, who both wanted and loved them. He would allow the pair to discuss this matter privately and make the decision that was best. "If there were no other matters of the wedding, then I think perhaps I should leave you two to... ah, discuss some personal decisions." With a tip of his head to his family, Artorias rose and excused himself. He needed to go find Briar to enlist his wife's help getting everything prepared for the upcoming wedding.

- exit Artorias unless stopped -

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.