gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-18-2022, 04:12 AM

Our lives are made in these small hours

Good, so he wasn’t planning on doing the same thing Bae-Syl had. Lucette breathed a small sigh of relief as her gaze trailed over to the buffalo. They were… huge. What the man was saying made sense. The fact that Bae had managed to take a calf down on his own was a miracle in and of itself. The fact he’d not gotten gored through? Even more of one. She frowned, furrowing her brow. Even a man bigger than Bae-Syl knew better to try. His pack was in the North too, not within the range, a place the man had already warned her about… so dragging it back home would be too much effort to drag it home. She frowned thoughtfully.

“Wish my friend could have heard you give that lecture.” Her gaze shifted back to him thoughtfully. “I told you once before I was… aware of my size, right? You would think it’d be something more… common knowledge I guess? For wolves… to not try something when they are clearly outmatched… like taking on one of these things. Even a young one.” Bae-Syl had hit a sore spot with her from his hunt. “But not all wolves do…” She sighed.

“My friend nearly got gored taking down one of their calves alone to feed us. The mother got him. He was insanely lucky it wasn’t deeper… she could have ripped him apart… and I would have been none the wiser. Alone.” Lucette flicked her ears downward. What Bae-Syl had done was beyond wreckless and even if her vest had come out of it… it definitely wasn’t worth it. They had both gotten sick and he had needed to heal from his injury, just like Azure mentioned. And all this time it turned out they could have been in danger… not just from Pirates but from his cousins too.

“It’s taken some time to heal too.” Ink confirmed by Lucy’s side.

Lucette gave a small nod. “I’d always thought Bae was pretty smart… but I was pretty frustrated when he did that. He could have gotten himself killed.” And she’d never been more angry, upset, and sad at all once. She was so scared that she was going to lose him…

“S-sorry…” She lowered her ears and gaze away from him. “It’s probably pretty obvious not to do that sort of stuff, huh? …and yet, here I am telling you about it… you barely know me…” She had started to feel self-conscious about it all. How many strangers had she had gone up to and was willing to spill her heart out to? And there were dangerous ones. She didn’t even know what Bae-Syl’s cousins looked like yet… and yet… here she was with some other wolf, being buddy-buddy! Sure Fatalis wasn't Bae-Syl's last name but that had her thinking now. After all that he'd told her... could she really afford to be so trusting?

Her gaze focused on the knolls again, how odd they were. They seemed to be spaced apart almost evenly… strange for hills, she thought. Normally hills were scattered about, right? Not at neat in a row like this. They seemed… eerie in a way. Especially since the buffalo seemed to avoid standing on them. Was there something wrong with them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 / 3 Navigation ;; Buffalo Knolls

"Talk", 'Think.'

These little wonders these twists and turns of fate

Art by Asena
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.