size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-20-2022, 12:41 AM

Artorias tipped his head in greeting when the wolf introduced himself as Maverick. Maverick from Ashen; the Aegis would need to remember that name to mention to Venom the next time he saw the Empress. "Likewise, Maverick," he replied in polite tones. Maverick confirmed that the barn had held nothing useful in it, and that it looked like Fireside had cleared it out before they disbanded. Artorias frowned; disheartening, but expected. That just left the farmhouse left to explore, and as if reading his mind, Maverick explained how he was about to head there to check it out as well. He invited Art along, and the Aegis cast his new acquaintance a half smile and a nod. "Sure. I was planning on looking around there next anyway." He punctuated his statement with a laugh, then added, "If we do find any treasure, I'll be sure to fight you to the death for it."

Together, the two wolves approached the farmhouse and entered. Artorias gazed around the overhang on the porch as they stepped through the front door, and suddenly he was inside a cozier space than he expected to find. The house still held a lingering warmth to it, as if the presence of Fireside still lingered within its walls. The house felt lived in, signs of previous activity still noted from the clumps of old wolf fur on the floorboards to the scratch marks from claws on hardwood. Maverick marveled at the sights, beginning to peruse the living room while Artorias moved off to one of the side rooms adjacent to the main living space. Pushing open a halfway closed door, he found himself in a small bedroom. Much of the furniture he recognized from what was around the Hallows' castle, but there was one piece that stood out to him. A worn wooden chair in the corner with no feet, instead sitting on two curved rockers. Artorias had never seen a chair like this before. Approaching with curiosity, the wolf nudged it with his nose, then gazed in amazement as the chair swayed smoothly back and forth. How strange... he thought.

Taking another look around the bedroom, Artorias noticed a thick patchwork quilt draped over the full sized bed. It was made up on vibrant squares of colorful fabric, and when he ran his paw over it, it was soft and pillowy to the touch. With the approaching winter in Auster, this would make a great addition to his and Briar's bedspread to help keep the chill out. Snatching up his souvenir and throwing it over his back, Artorias made his way back to rendezvous with Maverick, who had meandered his way into the kitchen. "Well, no treasure, but I did find something for myself. It was a pleasure meeting you, Maverick. Enjoy your exploring!" With a final courteous tip of his head, Artorias headed back out of the farmhouse and towards the southern border, heading back home.

- exit Artorias -

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.