Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-20-2022, 12:52 PM

“Yeah, he’s a season older, but definitely right there with me…” She frowned deeply, her brow furrowed. “I’m just very worried for him is all… Whenever it was the both of us doing things I guess others could see as reckless or foolish it didn’t bother me so much… because it was both of us together. The fear that I could have lost him, and later that I could still lose him because I’m not as an advanced healer as my dad…” She trailed off. Her own inexperience was frustrating, to say the least. Her size, her age, that inexperience… it was all working against her and she hated it. She hated feeling so… so… useless! Her mom was big and strong, and could handle things… It wasn’t fair!

She turned her attention back to Azure as she listened to him tell his own tale. He had been in a pack his whole life it seemed, and his father by the sounds of it was either the alpha or a very, very high-ranking member to lead a raid against another pack. They had been young, and no doubt his mother had not just been disappointed at the idea of the youths participating. Still, she listened thoughtfully. His opponent was older, someone who sought to maim him. But his next words were where the lesson really came in. Unfortunately, Lucette didn’t think that was the case with Bae-Syl. She shook her head, her expression grim. ”I doubt he has.” Lucy sighed.

“If anything he might avoid that particular type of prey again… but that’s the best I could hope for, I think. He didn’t seem to even care that the wound could potentially get infected, that he might die at all.” She studied her toes and sighed heavily. “I can only do so much to prevent him from attempting it with some other large prey animal. It’s like… I got the wake-up call and he didn’t.” She lifted her gaze to Azure. “I’m not sure how else to get through to him… to make him realize that danger. We even both got pretty sick from getting caught in a storm right after he got injured… And he wouldn’t even listen to my dad explain how dangerous a wound left improperly treated was.” She lowered her gaze again.

“It’s because he’s always putting me first. I just… I wish he’d think of himself too.”

"Talk, 'Think.'
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.