Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
08-22-2022, 10:33 PM
While he had hoped the woman would come without a fight, he hardly expected it. He was surprised to say the least that she so willingly stepped forward to accompany him to...wherever he was taking her. He wasn't even sure where that was yet but hopefully he'd figure it out along the way. Maybe someone else had woken up and knew what to do, would lead the way and take charge. He wasn't even given much time to think about it before the earthen woman came close, too close, and asked him what he thought was a silly question. However, as if her mentioning it made him suddenly aware of the slow trickle of blood seeping from his left ear and into the thick darkness of his cheek. Raising a paw, he gently touched around the area and winced. Maybe he had hit his head? Hmm...

Her next question had him wondering even more. Hitting his head would make sense, since he couldn't even remember his own name until she had said it. His brows pressed together as his mind raced, bouncing back and forth between feeling like he needed to capture her and that she had to be right. He had clearly hit his head on something and that had affected his memory. If he hadn't forgotten his own name he might have been inclined to think she was lying to him. But as she strode off and in the direction he came from, back to the beach scattered with more bodies than he wanted to count, she saw her carefully look around until she picked out a body from the rest.

Osiris was quick to follow some paces behind, looking at the broken and bloody body in the sand before them as she motioned to it. He listened to the rest of her story, their story apparently, and while he struggled to believe it at first he also struggled to see any other logical explanation. The rest of the wolves were clearly the army they'd enlisted to chase the body that laid before them, though he still had a question floating around in his mind. He stared at the body for what felt like many minutes, and may have been, until the woman spoke. The woman he apparently did work for. He felt suddenly stupid for being so.. off, as she had put it, and his ears pressed back briefly.

"Yeah, I... I'm sorry. I must've hit my head pretty hard. I don't remember a thing, actually," he admitted with a frown, looking over at the woman then as his shoulders slumped from a healthy mix of exhaustion and shame. "Are you okay though?" his tone changed to make sure the woman was okay, as it seemed like something a guard would do. She had been hanging from some vines when he'd found her and hadn't landed very gracefully, plus the ocean likely hadn't been as kind to her either. They were lucky to be alive by the looks of it.

"Speech!"

Art & Code © Skelle 2022