size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-24-2022, 10:46 PM

The differences between the way the Carpathians and the Fatalises were brought up was evident in the skills each of the wolves within possessed. While Azure and his brood had mastered the crafts of fighting and hunting, Artorias and his kin had all been raised to follow their passions and specialize in what called to them. Rudyard had taken to hunting like a fish to water, and Gwynevere's seemingly boundless knowledge of all things medicinal and medical lend her to becoming one of the best healers he'd ever seen. Azure asked what he had specialized in and Artorias turned a half-cocked grin to his brother-in-law. "Navigation," he answered. "My mother, the Armada's former General Tamsyn, she taught me the importance of having good footwork and agility, both when you're scouting an unfamiliar land or facing an enemy in battle." Artorias didn't like to gloat, but he did have to pat himself on the back for the amount of work he'd put into his training when it came to his footing and movements in combat and when speed was of the essence. "I've yet to find a place I can't find a way to get into or a land I can't traverse."

As they surveyed the area for anything they could rig up as a trap, Azure took his suggestion and offered up a deadfall trap as a means to a meal. Artorias cocked his head to the side, and his brother must have noticed his curiosity since he launched right into an explanation of what they'd need and how the trap functioned. Even with his basic hunting skills, Artorias could see the logic and beautiful simplicity in the plan, and he immediately set to seeking out the material Azure requested. A quick scouring of the immediate area turned up a small boulder, partially obscured by moss. It wouldn't win any awards as far as rocks went, but it was large and heavy enough to cause some serious damage if dropped on an animal's head, but not so much that it became unmanageable.

Digging it out from the earth a bit, Art rolled the boulder back to where Azure was inspecting the trees. "Think this'll work?" He presented his find to his brother, then watched with keen interest as Azure explained how the trap was to work. The black and sapphire wolf nodded, looking up at the tree Azure was testing to use as the placement for their trap. "Makes sense. So do we need some sort of trigger to spring the trap then?" Artorias glanced about the clearing looking for something that might be usable as a triggering mechanism for the trap, but he wasn't exactly sure what would work best or if the more seasoned hunter between the two of them had his own ideas.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.