gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipChristmas 2019Treat 2019
08-23-2022, 10:48 PM

The small steps that he took made the distance to the river feel even longer. He felt heated, a bit sweaty, and his front legs especially were so muddy that Gavroche felt like his skin was crawling beneath the fur. He was used to digging up herbs in dry soil, but the mud had been too much. He didn’t like feeling so dirty… not that he was usually so focused on such a thing, but to be fair he normally didn’t get this muddy! The older male supposed he was also just getting too old to like the idea of getting down and dirty too. He preferred to feel clean and refreshed, and so for him there was really no other option than slipping into the river once he got there.

First, however, Gavroche removed the bag from around him again. He hadn’t realized it but he had been sweating considerably since his last bath too. Darn wings, he thought to himself. He wholeheartedly blamed the feathered appendages for making him feel even more dirty and unclean. He let James climb down and Jessie flutter down onto the bag as well. They weren’t as bad off as he was and they had to be careful giving Jessie any sort of bath especially. They didn’t want her to get washed off down the river… or worse. Neither of her companions, be it the wolf or the pygmy marmoset wanted to think about that.

Once companions and accessories were removed from him Gavroche started into the water. It was cool on his ankles, the flow not harsh enough to cause him any sort of discomfort despite his tiny size. This was a relief for the male. He was about to head in deeper when a voice gave him pause. Someone exclaimed in surprise over his wings. Oh, right, people still did that, didn’t they? He blinked, turning his head to see a woman that was roughly his mate’s size in height. He offered her a friendly smile; not everyone had met a winged wolf after all. And it wasn’t like he was dangerous or anything.

“You’re fine, I assure you. I’ve only ever met one other like myself in my lifetime. It’s… interesting to come across someone with wings when our kind is grounded.” Gavroche dipped his head politely to the younger woman. “It doesn’t bother me at all. Just don’t ask me to fly… I’m afraid I can’t.” He looked her over. She appeared as though she needed the bath as much as he did. “Why don’t you join me in the river? You look like you could use a soak as well. I promise I don’t bite.” He chuckled softly. What would he go after on her anyway? A leg? Her ankles? She was welcome here.

------------------------------------------------------

1,433 / 1,500 Words

"Speech" 'Thought.'

Gavroche has one companion - a pygmy marmoset. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that he is close by.

As his mate and alpha, Bellamy is allowed in any of Gavroche's threads regardless of how they are marked.