gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipTreat 2019
08-25-2022, 01:34 AM

A man came and was one that would rival the height of her parents and was a bit bigger than she herself was. Memento Mori dipped her head in response to his greeting. “A good morning to you as well.” He was introduced as Artorias Carpathius, neither name that she was overly familiar with. Had Ezra mentioned the leader of the Hallows in their first meeting? If he had the name had slipped her mind. And speaking of her cousin, before she had a chance to introduce herself or give her reason for why she was here, Ezra came bounding up. She smiled warmly at him, speaking softly. “Good to see you again, Ezra.” Then she shifted her gaze back to Artorias.

“It is as Ezra says. My name is Memento Mori Lore, a cousin of his through my mother and his father. We met during my wanderings in Auster and he spoke of your pack, as well as a couple of other cousins I may find here.” She took in a breath, her companions staying quietly at her side for the moment. “I was hoping that I may be able to join your pack as a guest, at least for a little while. I’m… afraid that I’ve never been in a pack before. I’ve been a loner my entire life and due to some other circumstances, the idea of them has always felt a bit… strange. Almost uncomfortable.” Meme glanced at Ezra as she continued to speak.

“Though family is important, right? So even if it’s different, I’d like to give the Hallows a chance. If any pack is likely to earn my loyalty, it would be one where I have kin.” Her words weren’t unkind but they were honest. She flicked her attention back to the Aegis, shifting slightly on her paws. “That said… I’d like the opportunity to interact a little more closely with your pack, if I may. Hunting, assisting in spars, whatever I can do to help.” Her smile faded. “I can assure you if the Hallows ended up not being a place I could call home I would not speak of any information about them to another.” She met Artorias’ gaze specifically as she said this. She did not want him to have any doubt in her words. “I would not risk my family, no matter our ties.”

It was here that Rein chimed in. “Meme really wants this to work though, I feel. She’s been talking about coming here all season.” The woman felt her cheeks burn as Rein “ratted her out”. She couldn’t help it if she was nervously optimistic about the Hallows! Not to mention it would be nice not to have to resort to returning to the falls all the time. She could start to move on with her life… really start living for herself instead of the life Philomena had wanted for her.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Unless ICly stated otherwise assume Memento Mori's companions, Jacques and Rein, are not with her.