gems
size
Small
build
Light
player

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
08-25-2022, 09:07 AM

Sometimes it let slip her mind that the girl, herself, could be in inspiration for other wolves. She'd been caught up in her own journey of healing - and helping in the emotional recovery of other wolves - that it hadn't occurred to her that she was an example of the pack's tenacity. The way the Aegis stood firm, held his ground for the wolves he cared for and protected. The way that despite the raids and political tensions and what-have-you, it remained a save haven. A home for all - a phoenix rising from its ashes. Just as Laeta had, pulling herself from the depths of Death's clutches. She had not cheated it, no - she bested mortality at its own game. She was tenacious, a symbol of courage and hope. Through and through.

There was much to celebrate, Artorias was right.

Laeta made sure the Aegis was within her sights - it wouldn't do to get lost in an unfamiliar patch of woods, especially next to a ravine - and the bony woman let the scents of fresh earth and old, lichen-littered bark fill her nose. It was a breath of fresh air, something that withstood the test of time. Even if the pack that once resided here had not. Things came and went in life, unfortunately, that's how it worked. It seems the Aegis himself understood that, and through her own exploration, she lifted her head from inspecting the soft leaf-littered ground to see the azure and charcoal male place a paw against one tree in particular. Tilting her head softly, the scholar approached him, only then noticing the scratches. Her ruby gaze flickered up at his expression and she furrowed her brow. He looked.. solemn. The scratches in particular were of a wolf's nails, pressed into the bark from who knows how long ago. Withstanding the test of time. When he spoke, he agreed with her observation of the peacefulness of the ravine, and then added that the pack, Aerie, had once settled here - and that maybe he should have made more of an effort to maintain contact. She shook her head softly. "I'm sure you did the best you could, Artorias," She said warmly. "To me, anyways, though I plead ignorance when it comes to pack relations." With a pause to glance back at the scratches, the way they wormed deep into the wood despite the time it had been left there, she added, "But I do not see the Hallows going away like Aerie did. Perhaps that's just my intuition, but..I have a feeling it will remain for years to come." There was little he could have done to make relations with a pack that dissipated - sometimes it just happened. At least, that was her view as someone who had no experience being a leader.

As they paced onwards, Art warned her of the tree roots in their way, almost stumbling over one himself. "Ah, thanks for the warning!" She replied out loud, carefully picking up her feet to avoid another gnarled root herself. Her ears perked, she picked her way through the soft earth and the overgrown foliage with the delicate agility of a small deer. It was..exhilarating. She felt so young again.

”Speech” ’Thought’

comin' up for air in the deepest of the deep ends
i thought i learned it all, but boom, the plot thickens
laeta has a european badger companion named melis. he can speak and is assumed to be with her at all times.