Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
08-27-2022, 03:44 PM

Recluse probably would have hated herself if she knew her children had picked up on the ever-present grief, in truth she probably should have known, she'd learned early on that children were much more observant than most gave them credit for but well, Recluse certainly thought herself a good enough actress to protect her children. Her smile broke into something a little more bright, more genuinely happy as her son responded to her question, his excitement helped to buoy her heart- If only for a few moments before his words crashed down on her. For a moment, all of it, every single carefully maintained protection fell and the pain and grief washed over her expression. She screwed her eyes closed, fighting to keep her breathing from hitching into a panic, Imp's words helped to keep her grounded and Recluse forced herself to look at him.

She took a gentle step towards the boy, settling herself down on the ground in front of him. It was only natural he'd be curious, it was only natural his older siblings would have talked about Kali even if not to him specifically. He couldn't know, couldn't understand. Recluse shook her head sadly at her little boy. "We can't talk to her Immy." She spoke gently, her voice wavering though she managed to keep herself composed for now. "Kali she- She's gone very far away, somewhere so far away she can't come back." Recuse fished out a paw to try and bring her son closer, to hold him to her stomach if he would let her. "I'm sorry if you've been worried about me- It was unexpected and I've missed her a lot, the way I'd miss you or any of your littermates if you went away." Her grief was not their's to bear or to manage, she had to hold herself responsible for her own emotions, her children deserved that much.

"Speech"

[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.