size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
08-27-2022, 04:04 PM

The stranger at his borders greeted him with warm smile and polite words. But before they could get too deep into conversation, the sound of loping paws approaching through the soft grasses caught Artorias' attention away. Ezra had joined the pair, having come from his patrol to greet the stranger as well. At first, the Aegis wondered why, until Ezra greeted the other wolf by name and explained how she was his cousin. Realization lightened his eyes and he made a soft sound of understanding. The wolf, introduced as Memento Mori, corroborated Ezra's story. He knew the Adravendi family was large and far-branching, so it shouldn't have really been a surprise that extensions of that family tree spread far and wide across the lands. Memento explained how she had run into Ezra in the wild lands, how he had invited her back to the Hallows to come meet the rest of their family, and how she hoped to join the Hallows. Well, that was a fine way to brighten one's day, and it showed in Artorias' delighted expression.

Meme's concerns of having never lived in a pack before and her apprehension were justified. Art could recall how Laeta, Claire, and Greed had been when they'd joined, all having been without a pack for most if not all of their lives. Adjusting to it could take time, but Art had yet to meet a wolf who didn't enjoy the community and camaraderie that came with pack life. Artorias gave Meme all the time to speak her mind as she needed, listening to her concerns and her desires. "I understand your hesitance to commit to joining a pack, Memento. In my opinion, that makes you prudent. You want to make the right decisions for yourself." Artorias nodded his head to Memento and gestured her to cross the borders and step into Hallowed lands for the first time. "Please, come in! Any family of Ezra's is always welcome here. Let's walk and talk," he said, then began to lead the two other wolves on a casual walk along the borders so Meme could take in the sights of the vast Hallowed lands.

"I would be happy to host you as a guest of the Hallows for as long as you'd like, Memento! I'm not sure if Ezra has told you about us or not, but the pack is open to all who come with benign intentions." Artorias glanced over towards the nearby castle and gestured towards it with a tip of his muzzle. "The Hallows was founded as a sanctuary and a place of healing for those who need it. We do not discriminate. Wolves of all backgrounds, creeds, and lineage are welcome here on the promise of peace. It's also why while I appreciate your vow to keep my pack's details a secret, it's not something you need to worry about. We have no secrets to hide. Our doors are always open to those in need." Besides, the last pack that had tried to spy on the Hallows and attack it had been thoroughly trounced by the seasoned warriors that guarded its walls. The thought brought a little smirk to Art's lips, though he didn't speak his thoughts aloud.

One of the jackals accompanying Meme chimed in, revealing just how hopeful the Lore woman really was about this pack working out for her. Artorias chortled with delight, shooting Meme a bright smile. "Well, I'm also hopeful that the Hallows turns out to be the place for you, Memento! You strike me as the kind of wolf who wants to do good in the world, to leave it a little better than how we found it. That's the mission of the Hallows as a whole. Every wolf here is committed to improving the lives of others—strangers, our kinsmen, our family, and ourselves. It would be my honor to let you interact with everyone, get a feel for our daily lives, and make your conclusions from experience." Artorias turned his attention to Ezra then, knowing that the words he spoke would carry more weight if affirmed by someone Memento knew. "How would you describe the Hallows to someone, Ezra?"

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.