Intermediate Healer (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
09-01-2022, 10:10 PM

Ephemeral went into an explanation and Florian was quiet, trying to follow along with how many days it had been. One, two, three, four… this was the fifth day that his mother had gone to “sleep”. It had almost been a week then since Ephy had become alone and the realization of what this meant settled over Florian like a cold, wet blanket. He drew in a breath and closed his eyes. How was he supposed to explain to this kid that his mother was dead? Gone? No wolf could possibly sleep that long otherwise. His heart went out to the yearling, especially knowing that without her it meant he’d be alone unless he joined a pack or other loners.

“Ephy…” He opened his amber eyes with a frown. “I’m sorry, but no wolf sleeps that long. That is a long, long time.” He was trying to keep it as simple as he could. “It is something deeper than sleep when they don’t wake for so many days. Nothing will wake them ever again.” His expression and tone had become saddened. “It’s like they’re gone, even though their body is still able to be seen. She’s gone to a different place that we can’t go. It’s called Somnium. Only creatures who don’t wake anymore go there.” Flo sighed.

“...I know it’s hard, and hard to understand, Ephy, but you need to stay away from her body now. Getting close when she’s been like that can make you very, very sick.” Florian’s ears were flattened against his skull. “I’m sorry…”

"Talk, 'Think.'