size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-06-2022, 09:06 PM

A proud smile touched Artorias' lips when he listened to how Ezra described the Hallows to his cousin. Having Ezra share his perspectives had been a beneficial decision. Not that the Aegis thought any member of the Hallows would speak ill of it, but he knew hearing these words coming from someone close to her would be more impactful to Memento. It also did his heart good to know that his wolves felt so strongly of their lives in the pack. Memento Mori commented on the goodness of the Hallows to offer sanctuary to all, and Artorias nodded with a somber sort of smile on his face. "It had always been my mother's intentions from the moment she founded the Hallows. She'd seen so much violence and bloodshed in her lifetime, she wanted nothing more than a place of guaranteed safety—not just for her family, but for all who would seek it." The onyx and azure wolf swallowed thickly, trying his best to keep the memories of Resin from drawing tears to his eyes. Even after all these years, thinking of her still wrenched at his heart. "When I took over, I vowed to make sure her dream remained the core tenet of the pack."

Artorias listened to Memento explain a brief synopsis of her life story from the time she'd separated from her family as a yearling to now. He smiled when she spoke of how she found Jacques and Rain, her jackal companions. It was reminiscent of how he had found Corbin and Argent, and later Eira, entirely by accident and yet so perfectly in harmony they all were. "That bond is paramount to us all here. You'd be hard pressed to find a wolf that wouldn't do anything to support their Hallowed brothers and sisters. I would also gladly lay my life down to protect any wolf within these lands, whether they are one of ours or our guests." Artorias didn't bring up the raid the pirates had led against his home, but he thought about it. There had been a time when he'd had to do exactly that, and he and everyone else had fought bravely and successfully. Artorias himself still bore the scar for the sacrifice he was willing to make to protect the lives within the castle walls. A chuckle rumbled in the dire wolf's chest when Meme mentioned a pack being bound as kin, and he nodded assent. "Well said, Memento. I think you're going to have no trouble fitting in around here."

The Aegis altered their course a bit, turning them more inward and towards the towering castle so Meme could get a closer look at her new home—temporary or permanent as it may be. "We have nearly two dozen that call the Hallows their home, including yourself," he answered her question, then added in with a light laugh, "Although depending on my mate's intentions for next season, we may be seeing even more soon enough!" It had been no secret that Briar desired a family with Artorias, as did he with her. Now that they were married, it was the next major step in their relationship. Perhaps this year the castle halls would be graced with the pitter patter of little Carpathian paws running amok. Only time would tell. "All members of the Hallows are permitted to make their dens out in the Starlit Plains or claim personal quarters within the castle. Do you have a preference on where you'd like to rest your head, Memento?" He cast a look to the smaller wolf, a curious look in her eyes also asking if she had more questions he could answer for her.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.