Erani

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
-

The Ooze Participant
10-13-2013, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2013, 12:59 AM by Erani.)
Erani

Erani?s greeting, and naming of the wolf made him laugh, bringing a soft smile to her features. Ah, laughter. There was little of that going on in Valhalla. It was good to hear. Deteste confirmed her guess, his face losing that wistful, stunned look. Though, she had heard he?d gone to Amenti when the female, Medusa had won it. What had happened? She?d heard challenging calls in the distance, during a foray at the edge of Valhalla closest to the Battlefield. But she hadn?t paid more attention beyond that. So Amenti must have changed paws again. Deteste inquired as to how she knew him, and of her own name. She smiled again. ?My brother, Cormalin, told me of you. I am his sister, Erani, and I?m the Lead Healer at Valhalla.?

He approached, and her own guards had fallen away, leaving her emotions open for reading, instead of the neutral blankness a stranger received upon first contact. There was gentle interest, as she wanted to know a little more about what had happened, and a little more of the wolf who sat before her. She could sense the same loneliness, the feeling of waiting, and fear of loss, that she felt weighing upon her shoulders. ?So what brings you near Valhalla? Mere wanderings, or were you hoping for that hunt my brother mentioned? If you don?t mind my asking, that is.? A choice to answer, and complete freedom to step into another subject all together if he wished. There was no pressure to speak, only an offer to listen.

The three scars across his muzzle caught her eye, and she felt a quiet pang of sadness. And a sad knowledge that another scarred face would possibly never smile at her again. It had already been a long, long time. Almost a full turn of the seasons. The shadows that flitted through her eyes were there and gone again, hardly noticeable.

Walk ---- "Speak" ---- "Hear" ---- Think