size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-09-2022, 03:48 PM

Artorias was not blind to his ward's disappointment in himself, the depreciating expression clear in his cyan optics. Artorias breathed a soft sigh of defeat, wishing he could show Zephyrus how he saw him. Maybe then he would understand why sometimes being proud of doing your best didn't mean being exceptional. The older wolf gave the large raptor a grateful smile when he threw one of the furs around his own body, helping to wick away some of the excess water from his coat while the two dried and warmed up. The last thing he needed was Zephyr catching a sickness while they were this far from home.

The offer of a story about their heritage was met with intrigued eyes and the giant bird settling in beneath more blankets to get comfy for the tale. Artorias smirked with an affectionate amusement while he watched his boy getting cozy. This would likely be a bit of a lengthy tale, so he was glad Zeph seemed so interested. "Our family is very old, Zephyr, and very new at the same time. Our line comes from a faraway land of high, rocky mountains with snowcapped peaks, rising tall above dense forests. Our family name comes from those mountains where our heritage began. Carpathius means 'strong as the rock' in our tongue, and truly our family lives up to that credence. In the generations our family has existed, it has seen the rise and fall of many powerful alphas, tragedies and losses, violence and pain, yet we have risen to meet every challenge we have faced." Artorias shifted his weight as he settled back on his haunches, mindful to not place too much weight on his aching leg while he settled down to tell his story to Zephyrus. "My mother, your grandmother, she sadly died before you were born. She's the one who told me all of this, and now I get to share our history with you. It's important to know where you come from so that you can learn who you are meant to be."

Artorias breathed a heavy sigh, trying to hold back the wave of sadness that clutched at his chest when he thought of Resin. "My mother's name was Resin Carpathius. She was one of the last living wolves of the Carpathius family. She left our ancestral home years ago to find her own way when our family fell from power in the mountains. On her own, believing her children to all be dead, she came to Boreas to start anew. That was where she met Grandma Tamsyn, my other mother, and they fell in love. After spending her life living in strife and seeing boundless violence, Resin wanted to establish a place of peace and sanctuary where all could escape to. What she founded was our home today—the Hallows. With Tamsyn, she built our pack from the ground up, and she achieved her dream. She remained strong and unyielding in her beliefs, just like the mountains she came from." Artorias took a brief pause, taking a few slow breaths while he let Zephyr absorb all the information he was giving him. No doubt the lad would have many questions by the time it was done. "Not long after the Hallows was founded, Tamsyn gave birth to me and my siblings, and Resin officially took Tamsyn as her mate and us as her children—making us the next generation of Carpathians. We might not have shared her blood, but we now shared her name, her family, and her heritage. It's why it is imperative for us to uphold the honor and tradition that being a Carpathius means. We stand adamant in our beliefs, we meet force with force and we never waver in our strength, and family remains paramount in all things."

Artorias' fire-kissed eyes lifted to meet Zephyr's cooler blue gaze, giving his son a gentle smile. "This is the family that you are a part of now, Zeph. Just like myself and Resin, you might not share my blood, but you are my son in every way that matters. I want you to remember this heritage you are a part of. This family, we may not all be blood bound, but the bonds of our family in spirit are stronger than anything. We are the new Carpathians, the new face of an old family, and we represent everything it stands for. Wear it with pride, but do not let it change who you are." Artorias fell silent for a moment, a small lopsided smile tugging at his lips as the wolf stood and shifted closer to the giant avian, coming to rest an azure paw over one of Zephyr's talons while he met his child's gaze. "Briar and I have considered you our son from the day I found you in the tower, Zeph. Nothing will ever change that. But if you would like it, I would be proud to give you our family name to wear. You will be Zephyrus Carpathius of the Hallows, the son of a very proud Aegis and Queen." If he wanted it, Artorias would give Zephyrus the most personal gift he could give another. Zeph was already his son in every regard as far as he was concerned. But if Zephyrus wanted to officially be a Carpathius, then Artorias would gladly name him as such.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.