gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Sylvey
09-13-2022, 09:00 AM

"Yes, long long time." The boy was quick to agree with the assessment. There was no other way to describe it. But then he was told that his mother wouldn't be waking again. How was that possible? "Mama wake if I find friend. Mama said so." Okay, maybe not in those exact words but that was how he had interpreted them. He thought that if he found a friend and brought them back then his mother would magically be okay again and they could continue on as they had been for the entirety of Ephemeral's life.

The other continued to explain and said that his mother had gone to some other place. "I go Somnium!" Yes, he would go there and find his mother and make her wake up. It sounded like a plan to him. He could tell his Mama he had a new friend that had told him how to find her and then she would be happy and all would be right with the world again.

"I no sick." He said with a shake of his head, clearly not understanding everything that he had been told. In fact he didn't really even know how to get back to his mother's body. He had simply walked without keeping track of where he had been going. His mother had never taught him that skill before. There had never been a reason to know it since they had never backtracked to a previous location before. They had always kept moving ahead. It was all Ephy knew how to do, to keep pushing forward.

art & code by bean