size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Shelby

Critical Observation!Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
09-26-2022, 02:52 PM

Saracyn's comment about complimenting younger brutes caught him off guard and made a bark of laughter escape him, giving his nephew an amused grin as he got a glimpse of Saracyn's humor past all the usual young brute bravado and angst. It was a brief moment through as Saracyn went on to more properly answer his question, surprising him again when he admitted that he hadn't put any thought into it. When he was Saracyn's age, or maybe a bit older, tracking down a girl he was interested in was all he could really think about. He supposed it was entirely possible he was simply more driven by carnal desires than his nephew was, but he was hard pressed to find a brute that wasn't. Saracyn went on and shed more light on the reality of his issue—feeling as if it didn't matter what he did when it came to finding a mate and having pups since his children wouldn't rise to the same station that Avacyn's would.

Deimos hummed with understanding and nodded, chuckling softly as he took in the eternal issue that the Mendacium males faced. Where did they fit into the grand scheme of this matriarchal family? "I get it," he admitted simply. "This is the first time that our family has had a pack to rule over and any sort of hierarchy besides our one Matriarch so I can see how the stakes feel a bit higher now, but I get it." He paused for a moment, glancing to Saracyn's paws while he clawed and fiddled with the grass under them while he considered the conundrum and decided how he wanted to answer. "There's a lot more to this life than just who is leading who. Generations ago, our family was singled out and given these gifts and abilities by the Ancients that other wolves around us either lusted after or condemned and we could only look after ourselves and grow together to prove to the world that the Mendacium blood didn't stop with us. Even if your children are not next in line to inherit the fancy title, you're still a piece of the most elite our powerful family has to offer. Sure, there are plenty of cousins and extended branches of our family scattered through the world, but the Matriarch's family is the pinnacle of our bloodline and everyone looks to us to show just how powerful these Ancient souls can be."

He gave Saracyn's shoulder a light nudge, offering his nephew a slight grin as his tone grew lighter and more humorous. "Besides... There's a whole world of pleasure that I doubt you've even experienced yet. I promise you that you don't want to deprive yourself of all of that. That's one of the greatest gifts we get from the Ancients besides the obvious strength and mutations," he said with a low chuckle, lifting one of his large, bear-like paws for a second and wiggling his dexterous toes. "Knowing that somewhere out there is a fae that they crafted to be a perfect fit for you, to bring an even more powerful generation of Mendacium wolves into the world... There's nothing like it."

"Deimos Medacium"