size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
09-30-2022, 12:20 AM

The crestfallen look that fell over Mercury's face was heartbreaking to the young alpha to witness. Artorias hated to be the bearer of bad news for anyone, and whenever he had to deliver it, he tried to be as empathetic and compassionate about it as he could. Even still, seeing the way Merc's eyes darkened and drifted away, hearing the bitterness of loss and the struggle of accepting the dramatic shift of his reality in his rich voice, it hurt his heart for the forlorn man. He didn't respond when Mercury suggested they had both known this would be the outcome, the look on the azure wolf's face speaking volumes without words. Yes, he had suspected that their investigation would yield nothing for them, but he had still gone willingly as a show of good faith to support Merc, and he would have done so a million times over.

"I'm so sorry, Merc. I wish I could've done more for you." Although he had nothing to feel guilty over, Artorias couldn't help but feel badly, wondering if he'd adversely given Mercury a false sense of hope by offering to come aid him in his search. He hadn't meant to get the man's hopes up only to dash them again with a venomous dose of reality. Mercury thanked him for his efforts, apologizing for taking him so far, but Art dismissed him with a swift shake of his head. "There's nothing to be sorry for, Mercury. You were doing everything you could to help someone you care about. Selflessness and devotion are both admirable qualities."

Mercury offered to show him a place to bed for the night, and as dusk took over the land, it sounded like a fantastic idea. The Aegis' paws ached from the long run from Auster to northern Boreas, and a good night's sleep would be welcomed. "I would be very grateful for that. Thank you," he replied, moving to position himself beside his fellow dire wolf to follow at his side. He could see the dour expression on the man's face and it worried him. It worried him because he recognized that same expression when he had felt lost and listless in the days before his mother's demise, when he'd felt utterly useless and a victim to forces beyond his control. Art didn't know if the pain in Merc's heart could ever be fully healed, but what sort of protector would he be if he didn't at least try? "What's your next move?" he asked with caution in his words, treading carefully around the subject while the wolves walked. He didn't know Mercury very well yet. Did the man have family he could go to? Would he remain in Boreas? What came next for Mercury Ermis?

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.