An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
09-30-2022, 12:48 AM
“You did more than most, and for a wolf you know in passing.” He said as Art mentioned a desire to be able to do more. Of course Mercury wished for a different outcome, but they couldn’t do anything to change reality. Only remember how much Art had put into trying to find a piece of hope in this disaster. As the Aegis agreed to bed down for the night, Mercury led the way to one of the rudimentary dens that had been set up in the Pines for the pack.

A quick scan told him no one or creature had taken up residence since Menagerie had disbanded, and he indicated for Artorias to make himself comfortable. Since both he and Art were exceptionally large and the average wolf in Menagerie had been a fair bit smaller, it was a tight squeeze.

As he settled down in one corner, politely giving the blue wolf as much room as he could, he answered the question. “I’m not sure. I was raised as a diplomat and a trader by my family. With their passing, I didn’t have anyone to make diplomacy or trade for. He explained. He was… obsolete. “With Wren he paused, his voice cracking a little. “I trained myself to be a guardian for her and the pack. I shored up my knowledge of fighting, and worked on strategies to defend her. Both physically and politically.” He closed his eyes for a moment. “And I still couldn’t save her.” saying it outloud, admitting it all… it came crashing into him. He had failed. Who was he, now? Without those he had loved and worked so hard for. “Now? Now I am nothing to no one.”

"Speech"
[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]