An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Double MasterPride - Demisexual
10-05-2022, 10:53 PM

At first she didn't have an answer for him when he offered to retrieve any mementos she might be missing from their former home. They had moved anything of value down to the castle with them when they came down here so she couldn't think of anything that she had necessarily left behind. Still, there was a nostalgia and a longing that she couldn't really deny and it made her want something from the place where she had spent her earliest days even if it was just a small thing. "I don't know if it will still be there..." she told him, "but there used to be a marshmallow plant near our den close to the top of the falls. It's a green, leafy plant with white and pink flowers. It was one of the first plants I ever cultivated when I was still learning the ropes from Eilwen." She gave him a shy smile, her ears flicking back a bit. It was a silly thing to ask for, but it was something she had fond memories of. "If you could just bring me back a few clippings from it if it's still alive I'd appreciate it."

When he mentioned how not many of his stories ended well, she just smiled softly and gave an understanding nod. "I'm not sure that many of mine end any more pleasantly." The tradition he told her about with the windchimes made in the honor of their loved ones that had passed was touching and it brought a more genuine smile to her face as she imagined all of the music that must fill their forests. In a way she supposed it was a bit haunting, but the intention behind it was lovely. "That's beautiful," she told him, her tail wagging gently behind her. "Artorias has kept the hearth in the great hall burning since our mother's passing for a similar reason... It's nice sometimes to go sit in the warmth of it and just remember her there."

They began the short walk back to the castle, passing through the lightly snow covered plain once more, and Mercury asked about the amount of work she had to return to. "Being one of the sole healers of a pack this size means that there's always more than enough work to do," she replied with a soft chuckle. "I'm sure that there's plenty most would say isn't necessary to get done right this moment, but I would rather be prepared than not have what I need when something happens. When someone's life could be on the line... It's worth it to do the work now."

"Gwynevere Carpathius"